autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Help!! Oily Black Splatters all the time!

Hello!

If anyone can help me with this predicament, I'd really appreciate it!

I have been getting oily black splatters on the lower side of the body of my car right after the tires. It's similar to the attached photo I got from google (since I was not able to take a photo of mine) but splatters seem to be a bit oilier and less tar-like. It's like mud splatters but instead of mud and dirt, it's more of black grease-like oily substance. So I have a couple questions and if you could help me get answers to these, I'd really really appreciate it!

1. Is this normal, is it road tar, and where could I possibly get these splatters cause I'm sure it does not come from inside the car?
    2. What is the best way to remove these splatters?

Thank you so much!!Help!! Oily Black Splatters all the time!-splatpicfin-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help!! Oily Black Splatters all the time!

Saturate the affected area with Tar remover

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any road construction going on where they are repaving or sealing a road/parking lot? In the summer sometimes the tar used to seal cracks in the road may get reall soft and be flung up on the rocker pannels.

My mother-in-laws cars gets some of what you describe all the time. Not sure where they come from. As Buster906 mentioned, a good tar remover should get them right off. I use Stoner's Tarminator.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

If it is tar or oil, mineral spirits will work also. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure it's not sling from the tire dressing? Often the dressing will go on nice and clean, but when the day and tire heats up, the dressing turns liquid and the centrifugal force of the spinning wheel cause the dressing to sling off onto the fenders and underside of the door jambs. Soap and water will do just fine with this.

If it's thicker, mineral spirits, IPA, even some cleaner wax will do just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chinee View Post
    Are you sure it's not sling from the tire dressing? Often the dressing will go on nice and clean, but when the day and tire heats up, the dressing turns liquid and the centrifugal force of the spinning wheel cause the dressing to sling off onto the fenders and underside of the door jambs. Soap and water will do just fine with this.

If it's thicker, mineral spirits, IPA, even some cleaner wax will do just fine.
    This was my first thought too that it could be tire dressing slinging.

Also what was mentioned of a road construction or road repair. Especially if you get like these longer kind of sling up on the rocker panels. Do you have it on both side of the car?

We have a lot of tar spots getting on the vehicals during winter months here in Sweden. That's caused by that many vehicals uses studded winter tires here during winter. As I have come to understand it we use a different kind of asphalt mix here in Sweden on the roads. Actually many slightly differences as they keep changing and trying to developing to the better. That's not always the case though LOL. What I was going to mention is that the tar gets on the vehicals in spots rather than the longer sling looking ones on the picture. But maybe it's cause of the asphalt you uses over there?

Or do you have a heavy right fot LOL? So it's burned rubber slinging up.

A tar remover will be sorting it out.

/ Tony