autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2007 black Dodge Charger polishing suggestions

I've finally used up the Menzerna polishes I bought back in 2011. Same with my BF Wet Diamond sealant Time for new pads too. I'm looking to do a polish on my Charger, which is my DD. I've kept it in great condition over the years, so only need some light scratch removal, and then want to do a final polish followed by a Cquartz coating. With all the advancements over the years, is there something that can wow me in regards to polishes and pads? I'll be using a PC7424. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2007 black Dodge Charger polishing suggestions

Might depend on what degree of scratches, how deep, and how hard is the Dodge Paint?

Me, I always seem to come back to the Wolfgang goodies, can't help it, they work so well IMO.

With something like Lake Country White Thinpro Pads, and WG Total Swirl Remover, this will work well to remove any swirling present, it does what its name says very well, and finishes down beautifully. But it might struggle some with deeper sleeks on hard paint I've found. WG Uber Compound then fits the bill very well and can then be used to good effect in those more difficult areas. Uber also finishes down beautifully, being a combo of two different abrasive technologies

Someone here will probably know their exact equivalent within the Menzerna line-up, and I've always been under the impression that the WG Polishes were indeed actually made by Menzerna.

Dependent upon paint, you may not need to go any further, and then require the need for the WG Finishing Glaze (a polish) which is probably the equivalent of Menzerna 3500 or 3800. I think it's the latter.

Ooh, sorry, forgot to mention, welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zebra6331 View Post
    I've finally used up the Menzerna polishes I bought back in 2011. Same with my BF Wet Diamond sealant Time for new pads too. I'm looking to do a polish on my Charger, which is my DD. I've kept it in great condition over the years, so only need some light scratch removal, and then want to do a final polish followed by a Cquartz coating. With all the advancements over the years, is there something that can wow me in regards to polishes and pads? I'll be using a PC7424. Thanks!
    The new meguiars 210 pro finishing polish is excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I suspect this is probably very good also. Have you seen this product in a smaller than 32oz bottle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I suspect this is probably very good also. Have you seen this product in a smaller than 32oz bottle?
    No I haven't. Just the one bottle. I thought I read in a thread that they won't be coming out with anything smaller but I don't remember which one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zebra6331 View Post
    Here is a 2017 Charger I worked on. 3D One got the job done on this one.

2017 Dodge Charger Daytona 392

Which version of cquartz will you go with? Lite, TiO2 or UK 3.0?

CarPro Essence is an option if you are looking for finishing polish that also acts as a primer polish for cquartz coatings.

Are you looking for a compound as well?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, just checked my supply closet, and I still have about a 1/4 of a quart bottle of PF4500. I assume as long as you shake well, it doesn't go bad, correct? It's from 2011. And actually, I think I have enough of the Power Finish PO203 to get thru this car. I'll go ahead and do both steps, since there is some swirls and I do want as much shine as possible before using the cquartz. Will have to get some pads though

I have UK 3.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Get yourself a prep spray as well such as Eraser. Menzerna polishes are a bit in the oily side so I would recommend a couple wipe downs before coating the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Would you say it can completely replace M205?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Would you say it can completely replace M205?
    I’ve used both and will say M210 finishes better on softer paints.

M205 does a better job on medium to harder paints. It has been known to be used as a one step.

When I spoke with Nick Winn of Meguiar’s we both agreed that one would only need M110, M210 and M205 in the Meguiar’s line.

Mike Stoops also mentioned how well M210 finishes on soft paint with a firmer pad.

11. Likes RZJZA80 liked this post