autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Drying aid mixture - Wolfgang Uber - SONAX BSD

My order from AG should arrive today. I am planning of trying a mixture of Wolfgang Über Rinsless Wash and SONAX Brilliant Shine Detailer as a drying aid and quick detailer.

Any suggestions on the ratio’s? Was planning on mixing 3 oz of Wolfgang Über Rinsless Wash in a gallon of distilled water (waterless ratio). Then I was going to take and mix 1:1 with the SONAX BSD.

Does this sound like a good ratio to try?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drying aid mixture - Wolfgang Uber - SONAX BSD

WGU is VERY concentrated, that ratio is too much. When I used it I'd go with 1 oz per 2 gallons but always used 2 ounces because I would make 4 gallons of cleaning solution so I had extra to fill my 1000ML Kwazzer for pre-treating each panel.

There's no need to use distilled water for the wash either unless you've got hard water, city tap water has always worked well for me with WGU, as well as all other RW products.

Are you throwing a bunch of mf towels into the bucket or using a grout sponge to wash the car? Pre-treating is a must for which ever method you chose.

Btw, your right on target with BSD being diluted 1:1 but you don't have to use it each and every wash, well, unless you've got the money, LOL. Using WGU will give you a great shine on the paint and some protection as well, this is why I'm saying what I'm saying about using BSD.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    WGU is VERY concentrated, that ratio is too much. When I used it I'd go with 1 oz per 2 gallons but always used 2 ounces because I would make 4 gallons of cleaning solution so I had extra to fill my 1000ML Kwazzer for pre-treating each panel.

There's no need to use distilled water for the wash either unless you've got hard water, city tap water has always worked well for me with WGU, as well as all other RW products.

Are you throwing a bunch of mf towels into the bucket or using a grout sponge to wash the car? Pre-treating is a must for which ever method you chose.

Btw, your right on target with BSD being diluted 1:1 but you don't have to use it each and every wash, well, unless you've got the money, LOL. Using WGU will give you a great shine on the paint and some protection as well, this is why I'm saying what I'm saying about using BSD.

Klasse - I should clarify, this is not a mix for a rinseless. I'm just mixing as a drying aid/quick detailer for now. I might try mixing for a rinseless in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok, gotcha but in that case, 1 oz of WGU in a gallon of distilled is all you need for a drying aid, no need to add BSD if I'm honest. BSD diluted 1:1 makes a great drying aid by itself actually.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok, gotcha but in that case, 1 oz of WGU in a gallon of distilled is all you need for a drying aid, no need to add BSD if I'm honest. BSD diluted 1:1 makes a great drying aid by itself actually.

Well I ordered both, so maybe I'll compare them each on their own - then at a 50/50 mix to see what differences I see.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you ordering a gallon of WGU or the small bottle with the measuring device built in? Also, are you just using it as a drying aid? I ask because it's one of the top 5 RW on the market today, period and you'll love it when doing a RWDrying aid mixture - Wolfgang Uber - SONAX BSDDrying aid mixture - Wolfgang Uber - SONAX BSD

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you ordering a gallon of WGU or the small bottle with the measuring device built in? Also, are you just using it as a drying aid? I ask because it's one of the top 5 RW on the market today, period and you'll love it when doing a RWDrying aid mixture - Wolfgang Uber - SONAX BSDDrying aid mixture - Wolfgang Uber - SONAX BSD

I ordered the 16 oz with the measuring device built in to test the product. For now, just as a drying aid and quick detailer. I live in Maine so for the winter I plan on going to a coin-op bay and washing and rinsing then misting on Uber/BSD as a drying aid (drying with Griot's PFM towels). About the best I can do through the winter. When temps are better in the spring I'm gonna mix as a rinseless and give that a try. I have some different MF towels for doing a rinseless.

Post Thanks / Like

Using BSD mixed in to your drying aid will definitely add regular protection for you.

Post Thanks / Like

5js

I did what you are thinking of doing only I used Meguiars d-156 x-press spray wax and WGU.
    After mixing 3oz of WGU to one gallon of distilled water I then made a concoction of 2parts WGU
    to 1part M-156. I think it is awesome but I'm also very new and don't have a lot of experience with a lot
    of different products.

I would think Sonax would work just as well or probably better. You got both coming so give it a go. It seems like everyone
    throws so much different products together in layers that I don't see how it could hurt. Looking forward to
    hearing your report.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MAXBKS View Post
    5js

I did what you are thinking of doing only I used Meguiars d-156 x-press spray wax and WGU.
    After mixing 3oz of WGU to one gallon of distilled water I then made a concoction of 2parts WGU
    to 1part M-156. I think it is awesome but I'm also very new and don't have a lot of experience with a lot
    of different products.

I would think Sonax would work just as well or probably better. You got both coming so give it a go. It seems like everyone
    throws so much different products together in layers that I don't see how it could hurt. Looking forward to
    hearing your report.
    I doing a full detail on a new car - then I'll be using the mix as a QD for a while, then next wash I'm gonna try the same mix as a drying aid. I'll post observations, though being new I won't have a lot to of experience to evaluate it against.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast