autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drying aid mixture - Wolfgang Uber - SONAX BSD

WGU works fine at temps in the upper 30's, just sayin'Drying aid mixture - Wolfgang Uber - SONAX BSDDrying aid mixture - Wolfgang Uber - SONAX BSD

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    WGU works fine at temps in the upper 30's, just sayin'Drying aid mixture - Wolfgang Uber - SONAX BSDDrying aid mixture - Wolfgang Uber - SONAX BSD

Agreed - anytime it's over freezing and sunny on a weekend in the winter - I'll use WGU to RW the cars - no issues.

If they are really covered in salt and it's too cold I simply hit the Self Sprayer bay at the car wash first and drive out and RW there (I can generally do the car in 15 min)

Both my winter cars are coated (M37 on one / CQv3 on the other)

3. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

upper 30's....if it got that warm I'd be hitting the beach Average high in January for me is 25F, average low is 2F.

We'll see how it goes. I do lose my garage to my toys (motorcycle, ATV, etc) during the winter. l have a plan for the coin-op bay for a wash/rinse and WGU/BSD as a drying aid. If I get a nice day I may try a rinseless wash.

5. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seconded. WGU and most other RW solutions work fine in those temps. For me I like a minimum of 35 degrees fahrenheit, but really prefer uppers 30s.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried mixing BSD with everything. Yeah I know that makes Bob cringe. But I have found that simple is sometimes better.

As a drying aide is use BSD 1:1 with distilled water. Thins it out so it is easy to work with and doesn’t diminish the BSD performance.

A guy in Germany tried every dilution with water and 1:1 allows the best performance and use. Its on YouTube somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for a dumb question:
    Can you please explain to me how/when you use the product as a "drying aid"? Are you applying this to the wet car after washing it but BEFORE drying the sitting water beads? Are you then absorbing the detailer as you absorb the water? Or are you applying the detailer AFTER you have wiped the water off the panel?
    Thx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDfx View Post
    Sorry for a dumb question:
    Can you please explain to me how/when you use the product as a "drying aid"? Are you applying this to the wet car after washing it but BEFORE drying the sitting water beads? Are you then absorbing the detailer as you absorb the water? Or are you applying the detailer AFTER you have wiped the water off the panel?
    Thx
    While the car is still wet. Spray on the panel and it will add extra lubrication to avoid any towel marring. Also adds extra gloss and protection. Can use some as simple as an over the counter quick detailer or a spray wax/sealant.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for clarifying. I have been going over the car with Durawax or Wolfgang Spritz, but I've been doing it after I dried the car. I'll try it as I dry.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDfx View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I have been going over the car with Durawax or Wolfgang Spritz, but I've been doing it after I dried the car. I'll try it as I dry.
    Thanks
    Drying aid makes drying much easier, besides just safer, and reduces your efforts of drying AND topping with a spray into a single effort. Good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Detailed my new car this past weekend - washed/dried -> decomtaminated -> rinsed/dried -> clayed -> polished -> sealant.

I wanted to do my door jams with my 50/50 mix of Uber and BSD. I didn't like it as a QD. Was WAY to grabby and I could see a lot of the microfiber cloth getting pulled onto the surface. Swapped over to the straight Uber mixed at 3oz/gallon. Was quite impressed. Easy to apply and made all the door jams look perfect.

Maybe the 50/50 mix would work on the paint with sealed with the Menzerna Powerlock - but it didn't work for me on the non-sealed surfaces. I will still try it as a drying aid sometime.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast