autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any fancy new LSP's to check out? Still using Poorboys EX & Collinite 845

As the title says I haven't really been buying new LSP products for quite some time now. I'm out of the loop on the new technology. I have used Poorboys EX or Collinite 845 with success since the hayday of their popularity. Are there any newer sealants that I should take a look at that are just over-all better now? Have spray-on wipe-off's like SIO2 replaced them? Or are those spray-ons better in a touch up between washes role? Realize it is pretty vague request but looking for something similar in the $10-$20 range LSP area. I know the newer stuff is only getting more and more expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any fancy new LSP's to check out? Still using Poorboys EX & Collinite 845

Traditional sealants are still used by many. Two that cone to mind with newer technology or that are hit these days are Polish Angel Master Sealant and Mckees Hi Def Paint Sealant. Mckees is at price point closer to 845 and EX (a little more $ but not bad).
    Oldies like WG DGPS are still very popular too. Collinite is still very popular. A new spray on wipe off sealant and it’s topper friend, Sonax Polymer Net Shield (PNS) and Brilliant Shine Detailer (BSD) are very popular lately. These may actually be harder to apply than some traditional sealants due to its grabby nature during application, but great durability and self-cleaning.

Coatings are of course all the rage. For those that don’t won’t you forge down that path, SiO2 spray and wipes and spray and rinses are very popular for ease and you can get durability similar to traditional sealants with some of them. They self clean well kind of like coatings. Similarly there’s ceramic waxes which have properties similar to coatings and 6 month durability as well, but these get pricey.

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still use Colinite products on one vehicle and WGDGS on another. Another vehicle is totally SiO2 wipe on . I like all 3 items (I must say The SiO2 does allow easier removal of bird bombs compared to others). There is a WG sale today but still above your price range (SiO2 shown)and by the time you prep the vehicle you are well above the $10 - $20 range.
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got a coat of Collinite MARQUE D’ELEGANCE #915 on my Wife's Yellow Camaro.
    We will travel 1300 miles to Florida this week and the Collinite will make it easy to clean up.

Collinite was the only wax to last all winter in Upstate New York back in the late 60's

Two things that people seem to forget or do not know about is that the thinner you can apply Collinite the better and before Micro Fibers were invented Cheesecloth was what was used to remove Collinite, works great.

After you put a coat of Collinite it looks very good but after the first wash it will look better.

Collinite is located in Utica, New York so I can pick up at the Factory Store :-)

7. Likes acuRAS82, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

•IMO:
    -Use of the adjectives “fancy/new” to describe
    Detailing products—including LSPs—could well
    be indicative of what I’ll refer to as:

-Today’s marketingspeak being employed
    in a: “lacking of restraint” manner.

•Sure, there is going to be product hype
    up-the-yingyang; but it’s my belief/(IMO)
    AGO would not carry/sell any product that
    would, in the final analysis, be deemed:
    “unfancy” by this Forum’s members, et al.

Go AGO!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

9. Likes PaulMys, Ochnob liked this post