autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Tuff Shine tire clearcoat & Prep

I used the tire prep for 6 to 8 times to assure I removed all the previous products. Cleaned up pretty well. I recommend removing or covering plastic hub covers when using the prep. It almost destroyed my black plastic covers, had to be polished to restore them. This clearcoat seems to work pretty well. Application is a bit tedious with all the crevices on 35" A/T tires and they look okay with one coat. I'm thinking a second coat will get the look I'm after. Question is, how long can I wait before it is too late to apply a second coat without having to go through the whole prep process again. It has been about 2 weeks since the first coat. I scrubbed them with a hand brush and soap yesterday and they look to have cleaned up nicely just not quite enough shine for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tuff Shine tire clearcoat & Prep

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater25 View Post
    I used the tire prep for 6 to 8 times to assure I removed all the previous products. Cleaned up pretty well. I recommend removing or covering plastic hub covers when using the prep. It almost destroyed my black plastic covers, had to be polished to restore them. This clearcoat seems to work pretty well. Application is a bit tedious with all the crevices on 35" A/T tires and they look okay with one coat. I'm thinking a second coat will get the look I'm after. Question is, how long can I wait before it is too late to apply a second coat without having to go through the whole prep process again. It has been about 2 weeks since the first coat. I scrubbed them with a hand brush and soap yesterday and they look to have cleaned up nicely just not quite enough shine for me.
    I clean mine up each Spring, just a once over w/ the cleaner and then throw on another coat or 2. Don't really think it's ever 'too late'.