autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve spent a ton of money on detailing products, but the best investment....

I’ve made is renting a Deionized water tank from Culligan. I can wash my car in direct sun and don’t have to worry about a thing. The tank lasts quite a while as well. Just thought I’d share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

2. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes fly07sti, Diner, BudgetPlan1, SWETM, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I’ve spent a ton of money on detailing products, but the best investment....

I have to agree. I got my tank about a year ago and it has been a game changer with our sun and heat in AZ. Often, if our cars have a week or two of just being real dusty and I have no time to wash them I will simply rinse them off with my Pressure Washer and DI water and then drive off. The water drops dry without water spots and the car looks pretty good. Sometimes I'll even foam it with the cannon and rinse off with decent results.

4. Likes fly07sti, WRAPT C5Z06, Diner, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I’ve spent a ton of money on detailing products, but the best investment....

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I’ve made is renting a Deionized water tank from Culligan. I can wash my car in direct sun and don’t have to worry about a thing. The tank lasts quite a while as well. Just thought I’d share.

What does the cost entail?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm curious how the cost of this is different than CR Spotless filters.

Post Thanks / Like

$15/month. Each Refill is $95, which lasts a few months. I use it every weekend from start to finish. My water is very hard. These tanks last a lot longer than CR Spotless large unit, no doubt.

'03 Corvette Z06

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did not know this is a thing this frees up a lot time...I just read about a coating that can be washed with only water and had diamond juice in it around 10% juice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    ... and had diamond juice in it around 10% juice.
    Unicorn tears are apparently 11% and I'd believe it; stuff is incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

I have looked around but don't finding any of this solution here in the surroundings where I live in Sweden. It would have been awesome just to have for the final rinse step as my water is not on the hard side. But we have a lot of the lime scale or calcium in the tap water here. And think it's a residue from the cleaning of the water they do before it gets out to the households.

I maybe have found 25L jugs of DI water which is about 7 gallons. How much of water do you think is needed to be used for the final rinse step? My PW is able to be coupled to a tank and that draws about 2.6gpm. Wondering if it's gets as much as around 3 minutes to rinse a medium sized car. Then it's up on the 7 gallons range of water needed. The cost per wash would be around $20 for me. Which feels a little to much to be an acceptable prize.

/ Tony

12. Likes WRAPT C5Z06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    $15/month. Each Refill is $95, which lasts a few months. I use it every weekend from start to finish. My water is very hard. These tanks last a lot longer than CR Spotless large unit, no doubt.

Can you share what model this is and how do you have it hooked up?