autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preferred Protection for a Black Car

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Welcome to AGO....it's a great forum/community and you'll find it's an amazing place to learn about detailing!

This is has been a pretty popular topic in the last few days!!

I took Mike's advice back in May/June and used BF One Step and Sonax PNS on my black Acura with great/amazing success, it look amazing! If your going to clay your car, I would use a Fine Mitt from Blackfire, black cars are little finicky for marring...or at least showing the marring compared to a white car. The Fine Mitt from Blackfire (or another reputable company) works a little slower since it's less aggressive than a standard mitt or clay, it may take a 5-10 minutes longer to do but you'll reduce the chance of marring the paint. I can do my car in about 30-35 minutes...but im very careful with it!

I just changed over to Pinnacle Souveran Wax from PNS in August, there were no issues taking PNS off but I did a quick Polish with a DA before applying the Wax.

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    I used BF one step on my car after I marred the crap out of the entire car using an inferior AIO as well as a a couple of minor marres from claying, it worked like a champ...I did use a da with BF one step, not by hand. This was also recommended by Mike, hence me being a huge fan of BF, Mike, and the entire AGO community.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    That's good and well, but the OP does not have a DA.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d throw in the many sio2 sealants our their CP Reload, Wolfgang, blackfire, Gyeon cure and Britemax Remax are great ones to start to check into.

Heard a lot of good on the britemax product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Mike Phillips recommendation of using a product like the Blackfire One Step.

Even if only by hand, a one step will help clean the paint, the fine polishes should do a good job of reducing any minor swirling you have.

Being that all the Blackfire products are exceptional, and although I've never used this particular product spoken of, I'd suspect it to protect better than most other similar type products found on the shelves in the major auto parts stores.

Some stores "might" carry Griots Garage products, and commonly, Griots products are as well all very good. Sometimes if a particular product is not seen on the shelves, you may possibly be able to order it?

Griot's Garage One-Step Sealant, One Step Paint Sealant, liquid car wax sealant

You might then be able to bypass any other decontamination processes such as Claying for a good while, and succeed with getting exceptional end results.

Black vehicles are harder to maintain and care for, but not that the paint itself is different than other colors as most finishes today are now clear coated, but that black shows everything.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I'm going to take a look at the Blackfire One Step. I do plan on purchasing a DA Orbital polisher soon (I'm leaning towards a Porter Cable). For a beginner, is this better than HD Speed or HD Polish? Those were the 2 products I was leaning towards before hearing about Blackfire One Step.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by omnipotent View Post
    Thanks to all for the suggestions. I'm going to take a look at the Blackfire One Step. I do plan on purchasing a DA Orbital polisher soon (I'm leaning towards a Porter Cable). For a beginner, is this better than HD Speed or HD Polish? Those were the 2 products I was leaning towards before hearing about Blackfire One Step.
    I have not tried the Blackfire one step but I really like HD speed and HD poxy. One thing that is a must for me is being able to use HD in the sun.

Post Thanks / Like

I plan to try BF one step when my HD Speed runs out. I am very happy with Speed, just want to see if the BF is better.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

HDSpeed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12