autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for some advice for a first timer (Paint correction and Sealant)

So I've got a 14' Lexus GS 350 (Black Obsidian) and I've started the paint correction process. It's black, paint is 5 years old, no idea how the previous owner took care of it so I didn't set my expectations to high. I've gotten about 90% of imperfections out so I'm happy with that. My plan was to seal the car with CarPro CQ after I was done correcting which is where my questions come in. The front of the car fenders, hood, bumper, I have only clayed so far as there is some serious road rash and rock chips that I need to touch up. Dr. Colorchip is ordered and should be in this week. Can I go ahead and seal the rest of the panels and just wait on the front end until I get it cleaned up better? Any issues with the CQ waiting after opening for that long? May be a week or so. ColorChip states to wait a week after application before waxing or sealing. Any thoughts or better way to do this? Just waiting on the mail at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for some advice for a first timer (Paint correction and Sealant)

Cquartz will be fine as long as the bottle is sealed up tight after opening.

3. Thanks maclem8223 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for some advice for a first timer (Paint correction and Sealant)

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Cquartz will be fine as long as the bottle is sealed up tight after opening.
    That's what I was looking for, thanks! Sucks I can't finish the whole car at once but I want to take my time and do it right. Spend all weekend just claying, compounding (it was that bad), and most of the first stage of polish done. Lots of work but will be worth it in the end.