autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

school me on CanCoat

Im currently a PNS user, i love the stuff, it works as advertised and im extremely happy with it. My biggest complaint would be that it doesnt feel slick, i am interested in trying CanCoat but have a few questions about it. Is it a ceramic? do i have to mechanically remove it to reapply a new coat? or when it starts losing its hydrophobic properties can i just apply a new coat? my truck is washed once a week, and I will be polishing it once a year and reapplying a new sealant. I have no desire to put a ceramic coating on it. So can someone give me details on how it works?

thanks,
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Re: school me on CanCoat

Where is the Guz??

Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Where is the Guz??

Lol
    he a big fan of it? or not a big fan?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JHForman View Post
    Im currently a PNS user, i love the stuff, it works as advertised and im extremely happy with it. My biggest complaint would be that it doesnt feel slick, i am interested in trying CanCoat but have a few questions about it. Is it a ceramic? do i have to mechanically remove it to reapply a new coat? or when it starts losing its hydrophobic properties can i just apply a new coat? my truck is washed once a week, and I will be polishing it once a year and reapplying a new sealant. I have no desire to put a ceramic coating on it. So can someone give me details on how it works?

thanks,
    John
    CanCoat is a great product. If you like slickness well CanCoat lacks that just as most coatings.

Ceramic is a broad terms but CanCoat is a lite version of a coating. It offers the characteristics of a coating without the long durability of a full blown coating.

Can you apply another coat down the road with mount polishing? Sure you can. There is no law to say you can’t. At a minimum clay, iron decontamination and a prep wipe in the the correct orders and reapply.

To keep its performance going look into maintaining it monthly with Gyeon Cure. It will add a sacrificial layer and slickness to the surface.

From my experience CanCoat can make it to a year. Gyeon is pretty conservative on their claim of it.

My recommendation is to polish the paint with their primer polish as it will add a little more longevity, use a light prep wipe with Gyeon Prep or equivalent and apply two coats of CanCoat 1 hour apart. Maintain with Gyeon Cure and you are set for a year. I would probably add an iron decon half time at through the year to keep the contaminants low.

6. Likes JHForman, SWETM, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

he a big fan of it? or not a big fan?
    Big fan.

Mike (the Guz) regularly recommends it.

Post Thanks / Like

There he is.........

9. Likes JHForman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    CanCoat is a great product. If you like slickness well CanCoat lacks that just as most coatings.

Ceramic is a broad terms but CanCoat is a lite version of a coating. It offers the characteristics of a coating without the long durability of a full blown coating.

Can you apply another coat down the road with mount polishing? Sure you can. There is no law to say you can’t. At a minimum clay, iron decontamination and a prep wipe in the the correct orders and reapply.

To keep its performance going look into maintaining it monthly with Gyeon Cure. It will add a sacrificial layer and slickness to the surface.

From my experience CanCoat can make it to a year. Gyeon is pretty conservative on their claim of it.

My recommendation is to polish the paint with their primer polish as it will add a little more longevity, use a light prep wipe with Gyeon Prep or equivalent and apply two coats of CanCoat 1 hour apart. Maintain with Gyeon Cure and you are set for a year. I would probably add an iron decon half time at through the year to keep the contaminants low.

the only thing stopping me from putting a full ceramic coating on the truck is having to mechanically remove it. Im not scrared to buff the truck but its the size of a school bus and would take all day to do if not longer. once a year I intend to polish the truck and reapply whatever I choose as protection. it sounds like going from PNS to CanCoat isn't going to provide me what im looking for which is super slick feeling paint(not that the PNS feels bad) but id like the slickness the paint has right after polishing. so is switching from PNS to CanCoat not going to be that beneficial to me?

Post Thanks / Like

the only thing stopping me from putting a full ceramic coating on the truck is having to mechanically remove it. Im not scrared to buff the truck but its the size of a school bus and would take all day to do if not longer. once a year I intend to polish the truck and reapply whatever I choose as protection. it sounds like going from PNS to CanCoat isn't going to provide me what im looking for which is super slick feeling paint(not that the PNS feels bad) but id like the slickness the paint has right after polishing. so is switching from PNS to CanCoat not going to be that beneficial to me?
    If slickness is what you’re looking for and you really wash your truck once per week like you mentioned.. You outta try BeadMaker and use it as a drying aid after every wash. It’s slicker than snot + as long as you apply it frequent enough [like after every wash] it’s protection proves to be quite impressive, especially considering it’s a spray sealant that extremely easy to apply.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    If slickness is what you’re looking for and you really wash your truck once per week like you mentioned.. You outta try BeadMaker and use it as a drying aid after every wash. It’s slicker than snot + as long as you apply it frequent enough [like after every wash] it’s protection proves to be quite impressive, especially considering it’s a spray sealant that extremely easy to apply.
    well come late October/November, I wont be washing it that much, I don't have a warm place to wash my vehicle so it wont get done as frequently sadly enough.

Post Thanks / Like

well come late October/November, I wont be washing it that much, I don't have a warm place to wash my vehicle so it wont get done as frequently sadly enough.
    Not sure where you live, but I just posted in another thread that the "glossiest/slickest" stuff goes out the window with me for the winter. I just need protection.

I'll be making it "slick & glossy" in May.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast