autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax polymer net shield vs collinite 845 for winter ??

Apply a coating for winter and you won't have to worry about a topper.

Mike Phillips

Huge factor

How are you going to wash the car?

In other words,

What is going to "touch" the paint when the car is washed?

Am I the only one that thinks down this road? It's all about the word "touch".

Post Thanks / Like

My personal opinion is 845 (or 915 or 476) for application, looks and feel. I’m a bit partial for Collinite for apply-it-and-forget-it for 5-6 months.

No doubt PNS is a beast and coating-like, etc. But my own personal experience with it and BSD (honestly, I’ve used BSD a lot more often) is that I’ve never been wowed by the look (used PNS on dark blue and black, BSD on those and silver), the grippy application, and although the beading is great, I don’t think it self cleans as well as any SiO2 sprays I’ve tried.

Go ahead and throw tomatoes at me, but I still have a solid backing from my Collinite crowd.

4. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Huge factor

How are you going to wash the car?

In other words,

What is going to "touch" the paint when the car is washed?

Am I the only one that thinks down this road? It's all about the word "touch".

I bought your microfiber wash mitts, and the Sonax wash. I have yet to see a single scratch on my truck or anything that appears like marring. I tried to think of what it took to maintain my black trucks and simplify it, black is so horrible to maintain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    My personal opinion is 845 (or 915 or 476) for application, looks and feel. I’m a bit partial for Collinite for apply-it-and-forget-it for 5-6 months.

No doubt PNS is a beast and coating-like, etc. But my own personal experience with it and BSD (honestly, I’ve used BSD a lot more often) is that I’ve never been wowed by the look (used PNS on dark blue and black, BSD on those and silver), the grippy application, and although the beading is great, I don’t think it self cleans as well as any SiO2 sprays I’ve tried.

Go ahead and throw tomatoes at me, but I still have a solid backing from my Collinite crowd.

my truck is silver, I drove through an area that was getting new apartments built, the road was covered in mud(it had just rained), my wheels are -44 offset, every inch of the trucks body was covered in mud. I took my wife to lunch, then after I left(1.5 hours roughly) the mud had dried. I stopped at a car wash and sprayed the entire truck off it looked just as good as the day before when I had just hand washed it. I agree that PNS does feel grabby I would like something slicker, but as good as this stuff works its hard for me to change to something else. I would do a full ceramic coating on the truck but don't like the fact I have to buff the coating off.

Post Thanks / Like

Both should go the distance.

I've personally used Collinite 845 and it easily held up for 5~6 months and performed well through some very nasty winter conditions.

I have very little experience with PNS, but one thing I've noticed from the video's I've watched from reviews is the water behavior. PNS seems to act like a coating and be very hydrophobic with the water sheeting and bouncing off the surface, while my experience with 845 showed it to be more like a carnauba wax where the water would sit on the surface in perfectly round, fat water drops.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Both are great products!. I like the Sonax Polymer Net Shield and think it would be better at sheeting sleet and snow during winter months.

Sonax Polymer Net Shield, sonax polymer netshield, sonax profiline polymer netshield

Post Thanks / Like

Any advantage to applying or removing PNS by machine rather than by hand?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

Yes sir!

Mike once said "Find something you like, and use it often".

One of the best sayings ever.

The choices today are dizzying in number, even for veteran 'Geeks. I cannot imagine being a newbie today.

But I will say this: Although all of the new choices (too many to mention) are great products, this does not diminish the fact that Collinite has been, and will continue to be one of the best paint protection products on the market.

I am in the "Collinite Crowd".
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Likes JHForman, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted this in the other current thread about PNS. I figured I'd post it here too.

I've read numerous threads about PNS and BSD. I think these are going to be my sealant/topper for the upcoming winter at least.
    I'm unsure of the best way to apply these products though.

Do most of you use a microfiber towel or a foam wax,sealant,coating applicator to apply and spread ?
    I know to remove both of them pretty much immediately with a microfiber towel. Just need info on application. Thanks all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast