autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Car wash in my basement

What is the best and least messy way to wash a car in a building basement ? Of course with causing 0 scratches or swirls to the paint, I dont think pressure washing a car in my building basement is a good idea, what is the next best thing besides that or for someone washing with little to no drain where the actions happens ?...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car wash in my basement

Do you really need a drain, pics of your garageCar wash in my basement

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Wolfgang UBER Rinseless, I mostly use it as a waterless, but have used it as a rinseless a couple times. You'll need a good number of microfibers, but you'll get great results. I can do a rinseless with minimal product left on the ground. Like so little a single 16x16 MF could have it all up. I know Blackfire and some of the other PBMG bands have newer products which might be even better than UBER. But for me it's always been a winner. I use it in a Kwazaar pump sprayer for waterless. I don't think the best technique will leave you with absolutely no scratches or marring like you're after. But that would be a hard enough task with a hose + good soap and the best technique. Micro marring to some extent happens when you wash. For WW/RW you need to wash more often.

For an idea of my process, I have a 2 door soft top convertible roadster and use 20'ish towels with UBER for a waterless or rinseless. If I had a Tahoe or something I'd be using probably 70 towels lol.

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Agreed. Waterless (if not too dirty) or Rinseless wash are the way to go. Rinseless will get some liquid on the ground but not a whole lot... the same amount as a car that’s been rained on heavily and then driven into a garage and parked.

Post Thanks / Like

I do a rinseless wash in my garage (no drain) all the time. The water dries from the floor in about an hour. If I want the floor to dry faster, I drag an old bath towel around the car with my foot, then the floor dries in 15 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    I love Wolfgang UBER Rinseless, I mostly use it as a waterless, but have used it as a rinseless a couple times. You'll need a good number of microfibers, but you'll get great results. I can do a rinseless with minimal product left on the ground. Like so little a single 16x16 MF could have it all up. I know Blackfire and some of the other PBMG bands have newer products which might be even better than UBER. But for me it's always been a winner. I use it in a Kwazaar pump sprayer for waterless. I don't think the best technique will leave you with absolutely no scratches or marring like you're after. But that would be a hard enough task with a hose + good soap and the best technique. Micro marring to some extent happens when you wash. For WW/RW you need to wash more often.

For an idea of my process, I have a 2 door soft top convertible roadster and use 20'ish towels with UBER for a waterless or rinseless. If I had a Tahoe or something I'd be using probably 70 towels lol.
    20 towels for a 2 door vertCar wash in my basement

I use a Kwazzer to pre-treat for RW too, never go on dry...EVER.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No scratching and marring is possible. I don’t know if it can happen via RW or WW though. I use a hose, a foam gun with the soapy water running constantly over a small area of a panel at a time, and plenty of mitts. Gotta wash often though, like after every time you get stuck driving in rain.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jojokoko View Post
    What is the best and least messy way to wash a car in a building basement ? Of course with causing 0 scratches or swirls to the paint, I dont think pressure washing a car in my building basement is a good idea, what is the next best thing besides that or for someone washing with little to no drain where the actions happens ?...
    With the right mitts and towels you can maintain a swirl-free finish with rinseless washes. You may need to get a few pressurized sprayers to use for pre-treating. The water you leave is about the same as if you came in from driving in the rain.
    But if you drive where the roads are salted, or drive on non-paved roads it may not be possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    20 towels for a 2 door vertCar wash in my basement

I use a Kwazzer to pre-treat for RW too, never go on dry...EVER.

Yeah, I agree with you Rog.

I use about 10 on my Ram. And I always pre-treat each panel with my "secret RW sauce" Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

A max of 6 on the ESCar wash in my basementCar wash in my basement

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast