autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wax on top of sealant?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I knew a Henry Lunch Bucket once.

Oddly enough, his wife's name was also Jane......

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

2. Likes PaulMys, DirtyCanuck, Jim w liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I'm not sure what I'd gain, durability wise, by adding wax over the TWSS. I'll have to try it. Do you think there is a cure time for TWSS before I should apply a wax on top? Oh and I hate winter lol.
    From my experience with it you need to let it cure. I would let it go up to 24 hours before you apply something else over it. With only a very thorough wash and high humidity and it started to rain directly after the SNS was applyied. I was a little surprised to see the SNS totaly failed after 6 weeks. WaxMode on Youtube and Loach here on the forum. Got with a better prep as in polishing before almost 5 months longevity from it. So prep work and good condition to apply it in is key. Longevity wise I would just apply more SNS as the time goes.

4. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks SWETM. I applied it to two new vehicles. I clayed them both and washed thoroughly. Come late fall, I will use a polish first, then apply SNS.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks SWETM. I applied it to two new vehicles. I clayed them both and washed thoroughly. Come late fall, I will use a polish first, then apply SNS.
    I would try to put on 2 coats of it. With that prep work you will be fine during the winter months I think. But if you are able to put another application of it during this time I would top it with it self. I have it testing now but that was going to be used as a topper coming the winter months here in Sweden. Will see how I will be doing. But with the prep work the short term chemical resistance and the behavior it has to fighting those off. Was what got me interested to SNS as a topper during the winter months. So personal for me I would want the SNS to be the LSP. If I don't do the whole car. I maybe apply it on the side panels and the back of the car. Where the most of the road salt and grime from the roads gets stucked on the paint. And see if it's sheeding any of it better than the other protections products I have. I have applyied it again on the roof and the half of the hood and other half Meguiars HCW. The weather conditions where better and it where a way better application experience this second time. Have seen some youtubers that has experience when they started to rinse water on SNS directly after the application. The first high water repellent ability was degraded fast. But still had it going for a long time when doing their chemical resistance testing on it. It's higher water behavior lasted longer when they let it cure for a day or longer. That's why I recommend you to let it cure for a day or so. So you get the most out of it.

7. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great advice, thank you sir. If I were to polish it in a few months, am I removing the existing layer of SNS that I already applied?

Post Thanks / Like

Great advice, thank you sir. If I were to polish it in a few months, am I removing the existing layer of SNS that I already applied?
    Yes you are. So it's a clean slate to begin with getting a couple of fresh layers on it. And even if you decon wash and claying before you apply a LSP. The polishing you remove even more dirt off the paint. It's the best way to get a deep cleaned paint with polishing it. The LSP of choice also gets you the best possible ability to bond and get you a long longevity from what it's able to.

10. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I will polish next time.

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12