autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine - after or before?

Thanks hooked. I'm just going to layer it then and use it as a stand alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    On their website?
    Thread has gone on so I’ll try to help

I think those who have used it have had no problem using it with the ice wax or detail spray

I used it with the wax with no ill effects

Like most products you get the behavior of the top coat

Works fine as a stand alone but gloss initially is lower than many products. After the first wash or the detail spray etc it is increased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a PITA to apply in humid weather. And on just a prewashed and washed hood and roof. Applyied in high humidity as it started to rain directly after the SNS was applyied. I got 6 weeks out of it until it where completly failed as in zero beading. One thing that one got from his testing was if you where soon to play with the water behavior as in checking the hydrophobic caractics of it after application. The water behavior took a hughe hit from it. So let it cure for 24 hours and check out the weather forecast and if you want to have a longer longevity from it as in 4-5 months you need to be preping the paint thoroughly. I have given it another shot in better weather conditions and was way more easy to apply and wipe it off. And it has come some rain on it since and a much better water behavior from it. Have it side by side with Meguiars HCW know to see the difference between them. During the first application I applyied the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat on the other parts of the car. And it still beading and sheeting like the day 1 of application 8 weeks in. The SNS should have been out perform Wet Coat in longevity. But seems to be doing so only when it's a well preped paint as in polished or a paint cleaner was used. So I don't know if it will work great as topper since finding out this things about it. On it's own and also topped up on it self would be working great I think. Maybe you could get the ICE Spray Wax as a topper for it. But it's dirt cheap so I would just apply it over it self every month or every other month.

5. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    It's a PITA to apply in humid weather. And on just a prewashed and washed hood and roof. Applyied in high humidity as it started to rain directly after the SNS was applyied. I got 6 weeks out of it until it where completly failed as in zero beading. One thing that one got from his testing was if you where soon to play with the water behavior as in checking the hydrophobic caractics of it after application. The water behavior took a hughe hit from it. So let it cure for 24 hours and check out the weather forecast and if you want to have a longer longevity from it as in 4-5 months you need to be preping the paint thoroughly. I have given it another shot in better weather conditions and was way more easy to apply and wipe it off. And it has come some rain on it since and a much better water behavior from it. Have it side by side with Meguiars HCW know to see the difference between them. During the first application I applyied the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat on the other parts of the car. And it still beading and sheeting like the day 1 of application 8 weeks in. The SNS should have been out perform Wet Coat in longevity. But seems to be doing so only when it's a well preped paint as in polished or a paint cleaner was used. So I don't know if it will work great as topper since finding out this things about it. On it's own and also topped up on it self would be working great I think. Maybe you could get the ICE Spray Wax as a topper for it. But it's dirt cheap so I would just apply it over it self every month or every other month.
    Very informative thank you. I'll make sure I prep the paint well. I'll probably just apply it every month or so rather than put a spray wax on top. As you said it's so cheap.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I found it easy to use. I'll be curious to see how the durability is. I like that you can use it on all plastics/glass and wheels. I don't detail much so this was new to me. I will likely add wax on top of some sort for added durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I found it easy to use. I'll be curious to see how the durability is. I like that you can use it on all plastics/glass and wheels. I don't detail much so this was new to me. I will likely add wax on top of some sort for added durability.
    Why add wax that has no durability. Just add another coat of TWSnS.

10. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes SANTA3013, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

O
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Why add wax that has no durability. Just add another coat of TWSnS.
    That’s what I did. I just added a second coat the next day.
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

12. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, will do. You're right that makes more sense.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, I don't care much for durability when adding Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine as drying aid. I wash my cars at least once a week.

The way I look at it, when I wash, I take a little bit off so I like to add a little something back each time I wash.

I paid $5.99 for 2 bottles of Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine so its cheap for me.

15. Likes CleanIT, KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The TW spray wax is no slouch either.

17. Likes CleanIT, Oz_TCH, KBsToy liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12