autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 845 and Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

So I have used both quite a bit. Collinite is one of my favorites...super easy to apply and take off. Very good shine and fairly durability! I love working with this stuff...its so easy! As for TW SnS its easy to put on if you do it thin but not so great to buff off...I dislike this part a lot! Shine is very good but where this stuff is crazy is the durability! Really tough! It has surpassed my Collinite and I cannot believe I am saying this! SnS is really good in heat as well and that stuff is cheap! As it stands I have used Wolfgangs DGPS 3.0 super easy to apply and buffs out so easy too! Shine and depth are awesome, probably my favorite for end results. But it doesnt last long. Megs Ultimate Wax...similar to DGPS but last even less...weakest durability, solid shine and depth. I also use Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer and Its easier to use then SnS, goes on and off easier and the durability is pretty good. Beating out my 845 but not quite as durable as SnS. Aside from going Ceramic what else in a standard product either spray or liquid is easy and tough? Ive used Klasse AIO in the past and never cared for it. I have heard other mention DG but I am yet to use it. What I am looking for is something for winter. Collinite has been my winter wax for a long time but it doesnt last that long in the nasty midwest winters much anymore. I might see how SnS does this year but I have always looked down on turtle wax as a brand that is a joke. SnS has so far changed my mind a little!
    ----------------------
    2018 Jeep GC High Altitude
    2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance with Sport Package

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite 845 and Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

Quote Originally Posted by soapboxpreacher View Post
    Aside from going Ceramic what else in
    a standard product either spray or liquid
    is easy and tough?

What I am looking for is something for winter.
    •Even though it doesn’t come in either a
    spray or liquid form...I’ll still suggest that
    you seriously consider Finish Kare 1000P.
    -It is easy on/off; and tough as nails.

IMO:
    It’s as pert-near to having the characteristics
    of a ‘Ceramic’ as you’re possibly going to be
    able to currently find.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

3. Likes Ochnob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 476s as a long lasting LSP and great winter protection. Not so much of a liquid form or spray. But liquid wax vs paste wax vs traditional sealants is not so different application wise. And as Bob mentioned fk1000p is also a durable one. Then we have the rules to have in mind even if it's been a little easier on the TW SNS that's needed to be sold on AGO to discuss. But if you look on Youtubes detailing channels that has SNS vs you will see another PTFE paste wax gives you the same chemical resistance as SNS. Just cause it's chemical resistant doesn't meens it's longevity from it is so long lasting. IMO it's more compareble to the protection you gets from the product. And this PTFE wax is knowned for it's longevity over harsher winters as the Collinite 476s is too.

Sonax Polymer Net Shield PNS is also a longer lasting LSP that gives you the durability over a winter. And since prep is key to a long longevity from a protection. The ceramic coating lite range of products I think is not much if any to apply vs these products we talking about. So Gyeon CanCoat and Carpro Lite and IGL Premier is another products that you could be counting in.

I have tested the TW SNS on a thoroughly washed cleaned paint. Though the humidity as it started to rain directly after the SNS was applyied was not good. It failed totaly after 6 weeks for me. And from WaxMode testing against Meguiars HCW vs TW SNS. At around the 5 months mark both seemed to be of benefit to be re-applyied with a slight edge to the HCW. I have just applyied SNS again in a better weather environment and also the HCW this time side by side. When I first applyied SNS on the roof and the hood it was giving me trouble during the application so I applyied the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat on the other parts of the car. And it's still going strong as in like newly applyied 7 weeks in. So even as it's based on the ceramic coating technology it is doing well on a not perfectly preped paint and the humid conditions I applyied it in va SNS.

I like you had the thought of useing TW SNS over the winter months here in Sweden. But more as a topper to takeing the hit from the road salt and all of the grime and contaminants that releases from the roads. As of now it's going with a spray on rinse off product I useally have done the last 2 winters. Then I have a titanium based sealant as a base. And hopefully the Polish Angel esclate lotion and Master Sealant combo gets applyied on 1 of the cars before the winter comes. This will be topped with Polish Angel High Gloss if needed. The spray on rinse off products is just so easy to apply and maintain if you are able to do so during the winter months. So that's what I will top it up with if the weather is finicky this year LOL. PA Master Sealant is claimed to have a longevity from it up to 12 months. But the real world use what I have seen from domestic forum members that it's getting them 6-8 months. Then we have a lot of tar spots build up during the winter months here in Sweden. So the LSP needs to be chemical resistant so it stands up to petroleum based degreaser we use to not get the tar in the wash media.

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I will check that out!
    ----------------------

Post Thanks / Like

For my winter hibernation I'm looking at maybe Cancoat or going to CQuartz Lite. I have no interest in doing the full correction needed for a durable Ceramic, so Lite seems like a decent choice.

8. Likes SWETM, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

When you guys talk winter hibernation... are your cars outside in the snow and cold or in a garage?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KrisDetails View Post
    When you guys talk winter hibernation... are your cars outside in the snow and cold or in a garage?
    Mine is outside 24/7 in a harsh winter weather environment in Sweden. Actually it's almost worse in southern Sweden vs the northern Sweden. In the north it's not much of any road salt on the roads as they have so much of snow there so even the bigger roads are snow roads. A hard thick layer of pressed snow that is. While here in the south parts it's pending between the freezing point and they doze the roads with road salt. I have noticed though that the 2 last winters when the protection has been there through the winter. The car has stayed more cleaner and less of contaminants building up. The tar spots I don't get away from that's much cause of the high amount of studded winter tires here in Sweden on vehicals. We have a law to have winter tires here from 1 december to 31 march. Then depending on where you live here you can put them on sooner and taking them of later.

11. Likes PaulMys, GAMBIT61, acuRAS82, Jon TDS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a gut feeling that TW SNS on top of a Collinite Wax would resist harsh salts, brine and cleaner chemicals very well, SNS taking the initial hit with Collinite the durable base that doesn’t have to battle the salt alone.

Nice, cheap, durable potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisDetails View Post
    Outside, with my 3 cars taking turns in the garage at night based on which one I’m detailing next. Basically 3 daily drivers.

Post Thanks / Like

Try cosmic or Viking spritz. Great self cleaning. Better than most out their I’ve compared to except kami overcoat (another great choice). This are sio2 sealants.

Cosmic actually claims 12-14 months if paired with PAPrimer. Should easily get you the 4 months needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Garage, but last year in chicago we have a number of days below zero...we had one week solid that was averaging 10-35 below! Lots of ice and salt on the roads. I drive about 70 miles a day mostly hwy. So I would like something that holds up.
    ----------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast