autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 37 coating vs Cquartz Lite

I know Cquartz Lite hasn't been out very long, but was curious how it would compare from a durability standpoint compared to McKee's 37 v2? I have half a bottle of McKee's left over and was thinking of trying Cquartz lite but want the best durability. Vehicle will be daily driven through winter months. Does the McKee's v2 hold up well in the winter months?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 coating vs Cquartz Lite

Cquartz Lite is still new to the market so hard to determine how it would do in the winter months in various conditions. You can give it a try and see how it holds up. If you want something more durable then look into Cquartz UK 3.0.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Think I'm going to give the Cquartz lite a try. It's for my parents vehicles so I can freshen them up in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Post up your thoughts.

Here is my review on it Review - CarPro Cquartz Lite

Post Thanks / Like

How old is your bottle of McKee’s? If it’s more than 2 or 3 months you can bet it’s no good anymore. Either will be like jelly inside or it will be extremely hard to apply and wipe off. That coating has no shelf life.

As far as how it performs, it was ok. Very nice look and performance at first but didn’t last as I expected, one year and I could tell there was nothing left. This on a car that is outside 24x7. I re-coated that same car with UK3.0 and Gliss v2 and the performance difference is huge.
    Bruno Soares

6. Thanks bofh, acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    How old is your bottle of McKee’s? If it’s more than 2 or 3 months you can bet it’s no good anymore. Either will be like jelly inside or it will be extremely hard to apply and wipe off. That coating has no shelf life.

As far as how it performs, it was ok. Very nice look and performance at first but didn’t last as I expected, one year and I could tell there was nothing left. This on a car that is outside 24x7. I re-coated that same car with UK3.0 and Gliss v2 and the performance difference is huge.
    I bought the bottle about 2 months ago, but first opened and used it about 3 weeks ago. I coated a friends new truck with it so I have plenty left to do another vehicle. At that same time I also ordered a bottle of Cquartz Lite on a whim so I also have that sitting on the shelf to use. I'll probably use the Cquartz since I've been a big fan of their other coatings. To make the decision even more difficult, I also have plenty of Gyeon Can Coat left which I've been very impressed with.

Post Thanks / Like

How many applications do (any of) you see out of 1 bottle of Mckees / 1 bottle of Cquartz Lite / 1 bottle of CanCoat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    How many applications do (any of) you see out of 1 bottle of Mckees / 1 bottle of Cquartz Lite / 1 bottle of CanCoat?
    I use about 15ml of CarPro per sedan. CanCoat I can 5-7 vehicles, but I do some with 2 layers so hard to say for certain. McKee's, I haven't used it since Cquartz UK hit the market because it's not nearly as good and UK is super easy to use. In fact I have some unopened McKee's that I am considering getting rid of.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

You will get multiple applications with CanCoat and CQ Lite. They both offer the same amount of product. What TTQ B4U posted is about right for both.

Post Thanks / Like

McKee’s is enough product for about 5 cars. But my bottle was only used on one because by the time I wanted to do the second, it was jelly in there.
    I haven’t used CanCoat or CQuartz lite so I can’t say how many applications they are good for.
    Bruno Soares