autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noob! Help with ceramic wash/maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by vilastrex View Post
    is there one soap you like better than the other?
    I use Reset when I want a “stronger” wash and use McKee’s for “normal/maintenance” washes.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I got all the goods and I’m going to give it a shot tomorrow! Thanks for all the help!

3. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For drying towels I like the twisted loop nap mf drying towels. Griots Garage PFM Drying MF Towel is the high standard of these and a big benefit is that they are double sided. Gyeon Silk Dryer Towel is the one sided one. Don't remember the of The Rag Company one Twisstress maybe and many others has this kind of loop. What makes them so incredible is when say you dry the hood. Hold it in the widest corners and lay it out as far as you reach and drag it towards you. This gets you a bone dry paint after that one pull. They gets heavy as they hold up a lot of water without leaves any droplets of water behind. But when you come to the vertical panels it can be a little tricky to handle them without nudge them on the ground and that's not so good LOL. But GG PFM Drying MF Towel comes in a 2-pack with the size of 16×16. So a combo of a bigger one and the 2-pack of the smaller ones is an awesome setup to have at hand. I have a big one sided one to the horisontall panels and then 2 Sonax Super Dry Towel. Can't get the GG in the EU and in Sweden where I live without huge shipping cost and customs cost and taxes costs sadly. I have one great plusher mf drying towel that I sometimes use on the vertical panels and pad drying with it. Just hold the mf towel to the paint and lightly pad or press on it and it's soak up water bone dry and hold even more water than the PFM style drying towels.

For mf towels to wash and apply toppers and QDs with the ones from TRC you have is great. Find out which gsm suits the product you use best. Mike Phillips has the forrest green edgeless mf towels as favorites to many products. A 12-pack of these will be good to have. A shorter mf nap mf towel which can come in handy when you need to be cutting through compound and polish and waxes and sealants that has a little harder wipe off. I have many like these from a domestic detailing company which I find useing more often than the Carpro ones that's like the TRC ones that you have.

12 Pack Forrest Green Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloths

Griot's Garage Extra-Large PFM Edgeless Drying Towel

Griots Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel

Griots Garage PFM Terry Weave Towel, Set of 2

GYEON Silk Dryer 28 x 36 Inches

https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-silk-dryer.html

You can buy TRC towels here too if you want to.

https://www.autogeek.net/the-rag-company.html

/ Tony

5. Thanks vilastrex thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So I got the car washed! Wow I’m impressed by the Gyeon Foam, that stuff works! Also impressed by the CP Reset. The car looks outstanding however I noticed it don’t have the glass feel to it. It’s clean to my eyes I don’t see any water spots or dirt.it does repel water pretty well I wouldn’t say it’s as good as when it was first coated tho.

Should I look at getting a booster??

Post Thanks / Like

So I got the car washed! Wow I’m impressed by the Gyeon Foam, that stuff works! Also impressed by the CP Reset. The car looks outstanding however I noticed it don’t have the glass feel to it. It’s clean to my eyes I don’t see any water spots or dirt.it does repel water pretty well I wouldn’t say it’s as good as when it was first coated tho.

Should I look at getting a booster??
    Glad you where happy with Gyeon Foam and Carpro Reset. They are really great products. I like these kind of products that don't leave anything behind. Then apply a great topper when you want or need to.

Do you know which ceramic coating you had applyied? It's seems they have named their own packages. Are you fully set on Carpro topper or could another product be an option? Some don't like Carpro Reload which would be the first option. Carpro Elixir is their QD but seems to be working well on the coating for some weeks. Do you want a longer lasting topper or something like you could apply after every other wash?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Glad you where happy with Gyeon Foam and Carpro Reset. They are really great products. I like these kind of products that don't leave anything behind. Then apply a great topper when you want or need to.

Do you know which ceramic coating you had applyied? It's seems they have named their own packages. Are you fully set on Carpro topper or could another product be an option? Some don't like Carpro Reload which would be the first option. Carpro Elixir is their QD but seems to be working well on the coating for some weeks. Do you want a longer lasting topper or something like you could apply after every other wash?

I had ceramic pro silver package. I’m not stuck on the CP products. I just want a good product. I guess One every time I wash would be ok. But I’m open to both ways .

Post Thanks / Like

Noob! Help with ceramic wash/maintenance.

If your not going to synergize lot of people like the black fire sio2 spray (not booster) here. From Autogeek I like Polish Angel Cosmic although more expensive by far best one of two best toppers I’ve used.

For in between maintenance washes I love Ech20 for waterless and McKee’s n-914 is Also amazing. I actually like it better for rinseless washes.

As for bucket washes I like to buy 5-7 chenille micro fiber mitts from Ag and stock up whenever their on sale for 5$

Use 1 mitt per panel washing top down using both sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I had ceramic pro silver package. I’m not stuck on the CP products. I just want a good product. I guess One every time I wash would be ok. But I’m open to both ways .
    LOL I missunderstod the CP for Carpro.

What Coatinsarecrack mentioned in above post is spot on. Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz or Spray Coating can be the new name of their version is an awesome topper for many coatings. IGL Premier is another great topper with long lasting results. And if you have metallic flakes in your paint and want them to pop like crazy Polish Angel High Gloss is an awesome product that keeps the the water behavior on coatings. Then you have the ceramic infused car soaps. Carpro Hydrofoam and Wolfgang über SiO2 Wash you can use every month or so. But after the drying and apply these spray on wipe off topper products is so easy to do.

From what I have seen from the Ceramic Pro is that it's very much depending on the detailer that does apply these coatings. Some does a great prep work and some cheats with these and the results gets there after. Since ceramic coatings is expensive to get proffessional applyied you expect it to be thoroughly done.

Test out with a topper and see if you are satisfied with the results. Then you can evaluate of how you go from that. There are great consumer products that gets you awesome results. The equipment you need is often at a lower cost than getting it proffessional applyied. And it's fun to do and admire your work afterwards.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I did buy the Ech2o and used it after the wash and it looks fantastic! It also is shedding the water better with the ECH2o. I do not have any flake in the paint. I will look at the IGL or the Angel for a topper. Once again i very much appreciate all the info and help!!!

Should I not use the CP reset for every wash? Or just use the Geyon foam and then a topper?

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on how dirty the car is and your wash process. But yes you can use Reset every wash if you desire to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast