autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Water stains rain vs hose

So awhile back wrote about what to do after rain since im in seattle and starting to rain again. Ill sometimes to waterless or rinseless wash depending on the debris dirt etc but sometimes ill just go to bed if its too late etc. so never really think about water stains as some really get there car dried because of it and live in areas like cali where doesnt rain much. But if in seattle per say and you let rain sit there for few days in garage is rain mineral same as hose water or more or less. Should you be concerned about water stain if left in garage for 2 to 3 days? I drive other car for work . I always thought water stains are easily removable but realized definety not.

Other thing is, after i come home sometimes ill just hose the car down and move it too garage to do quick waterless wash. (Rinsless if lot of dirt etc). Doing waterless wash is it fine to have lot of water beads from pre hosing (since coming from rain) was thinking i need stronger dilution since water beads on the car will be diluting the solilution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Water stains rain vs hose

Don’t rinse of your car if your not going to wash it. I’ve found Seattle rain is a lot better than Seattle tap.

I know the rain you were talking about to day and if you have a good LSP a rinseless should be fine after a day or two. My car see rain maybe 5 days a week in the winter and I rinseless it once a week.

If light dirt a waterless will be fine. I didn’t wash mine today will do waterless tomorrow or day after probably at work.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water stains rain vs hose

Lol. Nice. How do you know seattle rain is better then the tap?

But i was thinking rinsing is good idea no? Get the debris flaked off.

Or just leave the rain then go rinsless instead?

But yeah today (actually uesterday ) was odd weather rain, dry, rain, sunny , then foggy lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Don’t rinse of your car if your not going to wash it. I’ve found Seattle rain is a lot better than Seattle tap.

I know the rain you were talking about to day and if you have a good LSP a rinseless should be fine after a day or two. My car see rain maybe 5 days a week in the winter and I rinseless it once a week.

If light dirt a waterless will be fine. I didn’t wash mine today will do waterless tomorrow or day after probably at work.

Its nice to see locals lol especially if weather is factor . You think seattle has far less detailers compare to like cali or vegas etx

Lsp stands for?

So you leave car in the garage with rain water on it and then washing it once a week will erase the water
    Stain?

But yeah gotta find routine as rain is always a problem here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    Its nice to see locals lol especially if weather is factor . You think seattle has far less detailers compare to like cali or vegas etx

Lsp stands for?

So you leave car in the garage with rain water on it and then washing it once a week will erase the water
    Stain?

LSP - Last Step Product or Last Step Process... I've seen both...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Even here in NE Ohio, where our river caught fire in the 1970's and we do still do emissions testing up North where the air quality is poor, rain is far nicer than hose water. Car gets rained on at night, sits out in the sun the next day, no big deal with water spots. If I hose my car down at night and let it sit in the sun the next day, looks 100% worse due to water spots. Even if a bird drops one straight on the hood, I'll let it sit for a day or two rather than quickly spray it off with a hose. Heck, some days I hope for rain if cars are just lightly 'dusted'...free wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Lsp stands for?

Stain?

Yeah did that all last winter with a sio2 sealant as Lsp and no long term problems with water stains.

Yes in winter its one wasn a week due to cold. Summer I will wash whenever needed... sometimes 3 times a week with different washes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Even here in NE Ohio, where our river caught fire in the 1970's and we do still do emissions testing up North where the air quality is poor, rain is far nicer than hose water. Car gets rained on at night, sits out in the sun the next day, no big deal with water spots. If I hose my car down at night and let it sit in the sun the next day, looks 100% worse due to water spots. Even if a bird drops one straight on the hood, I'll let it sit for a day or two rather than quickly spray it off with a hose. Heck, some days I hope for rain if cars are just lightly 'dusted'...free wash.
    river caught fire? how does that still affect rain now?

I always thought rain and hose water is same and so I went and hosed my car yesterday. Then did waterless wash and turns out there was lot of water stains lol.

So you are saying rain is actually not that bad then as even it dries, the water stain will be easier to remove the hoes water. I'm in Seattle, and the air here is pretty good so I'm guessing the rain water will pose even less threat (just theory lol)

I guess I'll do only hose water only if it has lot of dirt etc to get it off and then go rinseless wash not waterless.

So question is, since rain water is less harsh... do I basically just pull up in my garage just as it is (no drying, no using the squeegee (which i now realize is very bad)) and go straight to rinsless wash? As mentioned, probally adding more concentration (i use mckees one) to offset the water beads that's already on there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah did that all last winter with a sio2 sealant as Lsp and no long term problems with water stains.

Yes in winter its one wasn a week due to cold. Summer I will wash whenever needed... sometimes 3 times a week with different washes

3x a week? is it a daily driver? i'm guessing yo uusually do waterless if your taking that good care and takes about 15 min or so?

Post Thanks / Like

3x a week? is it a daily driver? i'm guessing yo uusually do waterless if your taking that good care and takes about 15 min or so?
    I prefer rinseless usually one rinseless, one waterless, 1 bucket wash every couple weeks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast