autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax, holy cow it’s good!

I was getting “itch” to try something new because…well just because! Prior to this weekend I was using Sonax PNS with BSD and was extremely happy with everything that PNS had to offer, great durability, awesome self-cleaning, buttery soft feel, off the charts beading, great protection, and it looked great.

I posted the question on the forums a few weeks ago asking what I should try (anything but a true coating), everybody had great suggestions as well as Mike P. My priority was great shine/finish, decent durability, and of course protection. Based on all of the suggestions and my own research, I was leaning towards BF Wet-Ice over Fire, Colinite, Pinnacle Souveran Paste or Liquid Wax and one or two others…Mike P offered a bottle of Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax that he used at one of their Road Shows, which I quickly accepted…and man I am grateful I did!

I started out Friday evening with a full wash with BF Car Wash, chemical decontamination with Car Pro Iron-X, Clayed with BF Clay Mitt, I wasn’t going for the complete detail of all of the nooks and crannies simply because I didn’t have the time/daylight to do it, I was just going after the paint mainly. I was amazed at the amount of iron that was on the car since I decontaminated the car back in May/June, car was surrounded with the purple fall-out! I put the car to bed Friday night to fully dry and to get ready for the big day on Saturday!

I started around 8:45 Saturday morning (had to wait for the family to wake-up) with polishing the car using Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish using LC White Pads that I recently had great luck with on my friends black Audi S4, I wasn’t try to do any major correction since I just used BF One Step back in June where I did the major correction on the paint…and fixed the first class marring job I did on it previously using another product (with crappy abrasives!).

I finished polishing the car around 2:00, I did pull the car out in the sun after the test spots, after half the hood, and after the entire car was polished just to confirm everything was still looking good….that 10 step walk to get between the car and the sun was a very loooong walk too!

I applied a very thin coat of Liquid Souveran Wax to the entire car, started with the hood, move to the roof, then sides, and finished with the rear end. It was very easy to apply, I put a few drops on a white pad, set my DA between 3-4 and made overlapping passes with no pressure….very very easy to apply but I must admit it took a little experimenting with the amount of product to put on the pad to not get too much product on the car.

I let the Souveran haze for about 10-20 minutes, did the finger test…and it was time to start wiping off with a White MF Towel (similar to the now famous Forrest Green MF Towels!). As I was wiping off, I followed the same pattern, hood, roof, etc…when I finished the passenger side of the car I stepped back looking from the front to the back, looking/wanting/striving for the “wow” moment that we all strive for…that was not the word that came out of my mouth, what came out of my mouth was “holy sh!t” (sorry moderators) and the biggest smile I’ve had since June!

The car now has a lot more gloss, tons more clarity, super depth, sharper reflections, slippery finish (mf towel slid off of the hood!)…just a “brighter/glassy” look and feel, my wife even noticed it when she came into the garage, and she never says anything about the cars! On Sunday afternoon, I applied a second coat of wax and that’s when I got a little more depth of reflection, looking at the overhead fluorescent light fixture looked different compared to Saturday!

In comparing PNS and Souveran…and going into this project I didn’t think I could get much better than PNS since the car looked so good I started to think, “am I wasting my time to only get a slight improvement”, man was I wrong. I admittedly not knowing the durability or quite frankly anything else about Souveran but the ease of application with Souveran in much better/easier in my climate, the “glassiness”, depth, shine, slickness of the paint is so much better than PNS (I still like the buttery soft feel of PNS!), the metal flake pops better with Souveran….just overall a better look for my Black TLX.

At this point there is absolutely nothing negative that I can say about my experience with Souveran at this point but I will try to keep this post updated in the coming weeks and months.

Thank you for allowing me to share my experience with Souveran!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Diner, PM5C thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, PaulMys, Thomkirby, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax, holy cow it’s good!

Use the spray wax by Pinnacle to boost it up after washes, nice way to upkeep and keep it all in the family. Looking shiny!
    Back to the full-time grind.

4. Likes vincec liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The car looks great. Very rich and creamy. Well done, so glad you enjoyed the outcome, there’s nothing like seeing the results prove that hard work pays off!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Use the spray wax by Pinnacle to boost it up after washes, nice way to upkeep and keep it all in the family. Looking shiny!
    That's plan, it came in from AG a few days after i got the Liquid Souveran. Do you have a recommendation for a QD for a little wipe down during the week before a full wash?

Thank you
    Jay

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post

I was getting “itch” to try something new because…well just because!

Mike P offered a bottle of Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax that he used at one of their Road Shows, which I quickly accepted…and man I am grateful I did!
    And here's the link to that conversation...

Getting that "Itch" to try something different!

In my post I show my class using it on a 1970 Boss Mustang, good enough for the Boss... good enough for the rest of us.

I applied a very thin coat of Liquid Souveran Wax to the entire car, started with the hood, move to the roof, then sides, and finished with the rear end. It was very easy to apply, I put a few drops on a white pad, set my DA between 3-4 and made overlapping passes with no pressure….very very easy to apply but I must admit it took a little experimenting with the amount of product to put on the pad to not get too much product on the car.

After the pad breaks-in, that is after the face becomes "wet" with ample wax, then laying down an uniform layer of a liquid wax becomes fast and easy.

Starting out is tick stickier just due to a dry pad. A person could "prime" the pad with the wax but I never do, I just push through.

I let the Souveran haze for about 10-20 minutes, did the finger test…and it was time to start wiping off with a White MF Towel (similar to the now famous Forrest Green MF Towels!). As I was wiping off, I followed the same pattern, hood, roof, etc…when I finished the passenger side of the car I stepped back looking from the front to the back, looking/wanting/striving for the “wow” moment that we all strive for…that was not the word that came out of my mouth, what came out of my mouth was “holy sh!t” (sorry moderators) and the biggest smile I’ve had since June!

Nice description of the wipe-off process and the reveal.

I hope you found the product application, wipe-off and results to be just like I stated.

Mike Phillips

I let the Souveran haze for about 10-20 minutes, did the finger test…

The finger test is actually called,

The Swipe Test

I explain it and demonstrate it in this video along with a TON of other techniques and information.

This is actually one of the most information dense videos Yancy and I have ever shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking awesome!

Great work and write up and pictures Jay!

Really good reading. And fun when you get that moment. PNS and BSD I think looks really awesome on white paints. Otherwise just good. The differences between the different LSP you get is often something that you notice your self on your own cars. Then it's also the personal preference which kind of looks is what you like. Carnuaba on black paints is so awesome what the depth you can achieve and when you just look at it on another angle the reflection is also awesome. So totaly understand that you like Souverän Wax on your car. Then it's always important to have the greatest water behavior in some environments and you can go much from how it looks.

Thanks for shareing your work!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a recommendation for a QD for a little wipe down during the week before a full wash?
    Of course! If you want show car shine after cleaning light dust or using as a drying aid, go with Pinnacle Crystal Mist which has synergy with your Souverans. If you want something affordable that can clean the car thoroughly inbetween washes, try Pinnacle Waterless Wash which also adds some synergistic gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Update on beading (unfortunately), came out from lunch and found this....

Now let’s see how it “self cleans” on the way back to work!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

12. Likes Diner, SWETM, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Be weary that BSD and coatings are on another level of self-cleaning.

The beads look very nice though.

14. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast