autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Do I need 1 or 2 Tornador units? Little Confused

So I took the plunge and am setting up a nice compressor and Tornador system. What I've ordered thus far is the Blackfire combo kit consisting of the Z-020 Tornador Black Car Cleaning Gun and the ZV-200 Tornador Velocity-Vac units. This kit comes with some APC but that's not of real interest or why I ordered it.

However, that said, what's the purpose of this stand alone dry version?
    Tornador ZV-240 Velocity Vac Dry Can the one I ordered be used dry only like this one?
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do I need 1 or 2 Tornador units? Little Confused

Yes the one you ordered can be used dry vacuuming too. Just shut off the chemical mix setting on the it. The other one is just dedicated for blow out the dirt and vacuum it up. And you can do that on an already wet surface. The thought behind the 240 dry vacuum I think is an easier handling when you vacuuming. So you don't have the chemical bottle in the way when working.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Yes the one you ordered can be used dry vacuuming too. Just shut off the chemical mix setting on the it. The other one is just dedicated for blow out the dirt and vacuum it up. And you can do that on an already wet surface. The thought behind the 240 dry vacuum I think is an easier handling when you vacuuming. So you don't have the chemical bottle in the way when working.
    Thanks my friend. I thought that may be the case but it just wasn't entirely clear. I should hopefully have my new compressor wired in and set up by the first of Sept. My first detail with the Tornador will be the following weekend too.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice!

Have just been testing them a little. The Tornador with no vacuum or chemical bottle I have been interesting to get for when polishing. To blow clean the pads with these seems very effective. With just the air gun handle on the compressor I need to be setting the polisher upside down and start it before blow them clean from center and out. Works okay but have seen a couple uses the Tornador Air Gun and seems very effective without starting the polisher. You could test yours like that with the chemical mix setting off. Don't looks so easy with either if you want to have a controlled polish residue clean up into a bin of some kind though LOL.

So many uses with a great air compressor. Have you any thoughts to get any of the Rupes Pneumatic polishers? LHR75 and Rupes LTA125 seems to be nice ones. The LTA125 is like a Duetto and the LHR75 is a little beast with a 15mm throw and up to 11000rpm LOL. They developing pneumatic tools that draws less air than before and also has silencer on them to reduce the noice levels. Which makes them more user friendly. Then you have many options with 2" polishers both rotary polishers and orbital polishers. Fun with new things or upgrades.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Nice!

Have just been testing them a little. The Tornador with no vacuum or chemical bottle I have been interesting to get for when polishing. To blow clean the pads with these seems very effective. With just the air gun handle on the compressor I need to be setting the polisher upside down and start it before blow them clean from center and out. Works okay but have seen a couple uses the Tornador Air Gun and seems very effective without starting the polisher. You could test yours like that with the chemical mix setting off. Don't looks so easy with either if you want to have a controlled polish residue clean up into a bin of some kind though LOL.

So many uses with a great air compressor. Have you any thoughts to get any of the Rupes Pneumatic polishers? LHR75 and Rupes LTA125 seems to be nice ones. The LTA125 is like a Duetto and the LHR75 is a little beast with a 15mm throw and up to 11000rpm LOL. They developing pneumatic tools that draws less air than before and also has silencer on them to reduce the noice levels. Which makes them more user friendly. Then you have many options with 2" polishers both rotary polishers and orbital polishers. Fun with new things or upgrades.
    I'll likely use air to blast out my wool pads but for cleaning them overall, I use my 320psi Hydroshot in the wash tub. AFter soaking the pads for a bit it blasts them clean and all I need to do is rinse and spin them dry.

Tool wise, I've not yet had a chance to looking to the pneumatic Rupes units. I will be doing so though. Compressor wise, I bought a 60 gallon 3.7hp 220v, 150psi, 11.5cfm @ 90psi unit. Medium size but should do nicely overall.

I have the electrical and piping for the hose/fittings to do yet but that's easy. I also have to move the flag above it and dial in other details but it's coming along. I have some acoustic tiles coming too to help knock-down some of the potential noise. Every Bit will help. Should be a fun couple weeks for sure.

Sneak Peak

7. Likes Diner, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unbox that compressor for us.....
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Unbox that compressor for us.....
    at lunch for sure.