autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Syncro or Pinnacle Black Diamond Label Surface Coating?

!st timer here wanting to try a coating for my black show car. Have a huge show coming in in 2 weeks - nothing like waiting until last minute to post I know but have been deliberating this for the past month or so and finally decided on these 2 from the pick of the litter so-to-speak.

This car will NEVER be washed as long as there are no more mishaps(blown hoses, water pump gaskets, oil leaks etc). It is not driven in the rain. It is garage kept and only driven to/from car shows and a Sunday cruise every now and then as mother nature allows. That being said.....

Questions:
    1) Which product will produce a glossier/glassier look if prepped correctly?

2) How do I maintain it? Detail spray like Beadmaker or something more specific at home? What works in direct sunlight on baking hot black paint? See question#3

3) After driving to a car show, I have had to "wash" on site in the past to get road dust/grime off. Could I use a product like ONR to give it a quick bath? And then top it with what you recommend in question #2? Please keep in mind this is a black car and whatever topping you recommend must be able to be applied in direct sunlight at a car show(currently using Lucas Speed Wax - goes on and comes off easily in direct sunlight)

4) I've read where you can top either of these coatings with a pure wax such as Wolfgang Fusion. Will this add depth and shine or detract from the coating itself?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to cover all my bases before I jump in with both feet as these product are not cheap!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Syncro or Pinnacle Black Diamond Label Surface Coating?

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post

1) Which product will produce a glossier/glassier look if prepped correctly?
    Gloss will be produced by the polishing step and not so much the coating step.

2) How do I maintain it? Detail spray like Beadmaker or something more specific at home? What works in direct sunlight on baking hot black paint? See question#3
    Coating manufacturers sell a coating maintenance product. They do not offer any cleaning ability but rather protection. Last I checked Beadmaker is a spray sealant and not a detail spray.

3) After driving to a car show, I have had to "wash" on site in the past to get road dust/grime off. Could I use a product like ONR to give it a quick bath? And then top it with what you recommend in question #2? Please keep in mind this is a black car and whatever topping you recommend must be able to be applied in direct sunlight at a car show(currently using Lucas Speed Wax - goes on and comes off easily in direct sunlight)
    ONR is fine for coatings. It can actually be used as a detail spray. Most coating maintenance products prefer to be used in the shade on a cool surface. If you can wait until you get home you can use it or use it before you go to the show.

4) I've read where you can top either of these coatings with a pure wax such as Wolfgang Fusion. Will this add depth and shine or detract from the coating itself?
    You will lose the benefits of the coating by topping it with a wax.

With all of this said, I would not recommend either of these products. For your particular situation, I would look into a coating lite product such as Gyeon CanCoat or Cquartz Lite. Car show vehicles are often touched a lot and they tend to get swirled up and require clean up more often. They may not last as long but your car will be garage kept so that is negligible.

Both products I mention are easy to use. CanCoat has been known to leave a candy coated glassy type finish.

For CanCoat I would recommend their Primer Polish, topped with two layers of CanCoat and maintain with their maintenance product or Beadmaker if you have that before the car show. Then you can maintain with ONR.

For Cquats Lite I would recommend Essence topped with two layers of Cquartz Lite and maintain with their maintenance product or Beadmaker if you have that before the car show. You can maintain with ONR. Ech20 will give a glossier finish but in direct sunlight and on a hot surface it can be a little hard to work with.

These are just my recommendations.

Post Thanks / Like

I mirror the above comments perfect. Especially using Primer before CanCoat. I've tried it with and without and there's definitely a benefit in the ease of use with CanCoat when it goes over their Primer product.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Thanks pittpens24 thanked for this post
    Likes pittpens24 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[/QUOTE]ONR is fine for coatings. It can actually be used as a detail spray. Most coating maintenance products prefer to be used in the shade on a cool surface. If you can wait until you get home you can use it or use it before you go to the show.

With all of this said, I would not recommend either of these products. For your particular situation, I would look into a coating lite product such as Gyeon CanCoat or Cquartz Lite. Car show vehicles are often touched a lot and they tend to get swirled up and require clean up more often. They may not last as long but your car will be garage kept so that is negligible.

Both products I mention are easy to use. CanCoat has been known to leave a candy coated glassy type finish.

For CanCoat I would recommend their Primer Polish, topped with two layers of CanCoat and maintain with their maintenance product or Beadmaker if you have that before the car show. Then you can maintain with ONR.

For Cquats Lite I would recommend Essence topped with two layers of Cquartz Lite and maintain with their maintenance product or Beadmaker if you have that before the car show. You can maintain with ONR. Ech20 will give a glossier finish but in direct sunlight and on a hot surface it can be a little hard to work with.

These are just my recommendations.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the detailed response. It is greatly appreciated!

The reason I even posted up about sunlight is that the car needs to be wiped down on site and there is never generally any shade at a car show, if there is by any chance it is prime real estate. In a perfect world I would never apply any product on a hot vehicle or in the sun.

Makes sense about topping it, the dust will stick more to the wax topper than if left alone.

Is their polish a must as you recommended it for both products? Been a really big fan of the Menzerna 2500/3500 combo or would their primer polish come after the M3500?

thx

Post Thanks / Like

No their polish is not a requirement but it will leave a slightly glossier finish with the SiO2 left behind. What you have will work but you will need a prep wipe before applying a coating. I would recommend an additional prep wipe as Menzerna polishes are a bit oily polishes.

7. Likes john b, pittpens24 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    No their polish is not a requirement but it will leave a slightly glossier finish with the SiO2 left behind. What you have will work but you will need a prep wipe before applying a coating. I would recommend an additional prep wipe as Menzerna polishes are a bit oily polishes.
    Got it thx.

One last question. Product says it last for 6 months - then what? It wears off and is gone? Do you strip it somehow and re-apply?

Post Thanks / Like

Got it thx.

One last question. Product says it last for 6 months - then what? It wears off and is gone? Do you strip it somehow and re-apply?
    With your situation it might last much longer than that. But when you think you're not getting the same results as far as ease of cleaning, you can polish the car (which will remove any leftover coating) and re-apply.
    Bruno Soares

10. Thanks pittpens24 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got it thx.

Both products will net you over 6 months. No need to worry about that. You will probably be polishing before it wears off anyway to keep that show car finish swirl free.

12. Thanks pittpens24 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Know this is a question for those who have experience with these. How is McKees 37 N-914 rinseless wash and waterless washes in QD dilution or waterless wash in direct sunlight? Or the Griots Garage Brilliant Rinseless Wash concentrate? These leaves nothing behind and would just give you show car a good cleaning. Sometimes the less you apply the more the paint stands out if that makes sense.

Sad that EcH2O is hard to work with in sunlight even it's claimed to be working in it. And most QDs and waterless washes for coatings is useally not good to be applying in the direct sunlight or hot panels.

I second the use of Carpro lite/Essence combo and Gyeon CanCoat/Primer Polish. Personally I love the looks from Polish Angel products. I'm going to be applying Esclate Lotion and Master Sealant combo that's have been waiting too long to be done. They have come out with a new version of PA Cosmic Spritz or Spray Coating (don't remember exactly the name now LOL). That you use their PA Invicible Primer Polish before and is needed for the it to cure as hard as possible when you apply. Then you keep maintain it with the rest of the Cosmic Spritz as needed and wanted. They have processing the carnuaba into carnuaba flakes and which they also can dye to get the most out of your color. This dye don't show up on your paint or mf towels or anything. They have the new Cosmic Spritz that you can ordering it color coded to your paint. More pricey option but the looks from Polish Angel products is top notch. Just another option LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Know this is a question for those who have experience with these. How is McKees 37 N-914 rinseless wash and waterless washes in QD dilution or waterless wash in direct sunlight? Or the Griots Garage Brilliant Rinseless Wash concentrate? These leaves nothing behind and would just give you show car a good cleaning. Sometimes the less you apply the more the paint stands out if that makes sense.

Sad that EcH2O is hard to work with in sunlight even it's claimed to be working in it. And most QDs and waterless washes for coatings is useally not good to be applying in the direct sunlight or hot panels.

I second the use of Carpro lite/Essence combo and Gyeon CanCoat/Primer Polish. Personally I love the looks from Polish Angel products. I'm going to be applying Esclate Lotion and Master Sealant combo that's have been waiting too long to be done. They have come out with a new version of PA Cosmic Spritz or Spray Coating (don't remember exactly the name now LOL). That you use their PA Invicible Primer Polish before and is needed for the it to cure as hard as possible when you apply. Then you keep maintain it with the rest of the Cosmic Spritz as needed and wanted. They have processing the carnuaba into carnuaba flakes and which they also can dye to get the most out of your color. This dye don't show up on your paint or mf towels or anything. They have the new Cosmic Spritz that you can ordering it color coded to your paint. More pricey option but the looks from Polish Angel products is top notch. Just another option LOL
    Haha I think the color coded is something that I will easily debunk - although my car is the blackest black I could find, It has snow white pearl rose lace stripes on it. Laughing as I would think about having one in white and one in black and using a q-tip to fine line the application of the products.
    I have been very interested in PA products, but there are not many reviews so that is why I chose the 2 products I did

15. Likes SWETM liked this post