autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to do some paint correction on my white Tesla model 3

Paint is actually in pretty good condition to start with. Just want to take it that extra mile. Car has been clayed, has seen collontie as well as Wolfgang’s deep polish gloss. Like both, find Wolfgang’s is a breeze to work with not that 845 isn’t...just Wolfgang’s is amazingly easy with stellar results! I use beadmaker on a regular basis, doesn’t last very long but noticed the car is easier to wash when I have it on and is so quick to apply it’s ridiculous! 15 mins for the whole car! And dirt just doesn’t seem to stick to the car as easily. Love this stuff...plus the results and finish as the best I have seen! Best stuff I have ever used! I Just recently split the car in half and did one side with sonax brilliant detail shine and the other with turtle wax ice wax and shine. Didn’t like working with ice so much for if you use the slightest amount too much it’s a pain to remove. However it is a rock hard shell once on...stuff last a long time! Might revival 845! But 845 is sooo easy to put on. Anyway...I want to do some paint correction. The paint is in pretty good shape with some extremely minor correction to do. Swirls are nearly invisible. Very hard to find. I’m considering picking up a DA, I have never used a DA, not sure which one to get, what pads and what compound or polish to go with ? Let me know. Don’t want to break the bank on this as well. Considered griots DA...but don’t know which pads and stuff I need. Thanks.
    ----------------------
    2018 Jeep GC High Altitude
    2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance with Sport Package

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time to do some paint correction on my white Tesla model 3

I think you’d have great success with Griot’s DA and get their boss pads and creams. Easy system to use and delivers excellent results. If your paint really is that clean you won’t need much in terms of pad colors and different products.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks B! Seems like I am on the right track. I like the Griot GG6. I might do some megs 205 as I think it might do the trick. I have heard they have a 210 which is suited for soft clear coats better. But then you have the Ultimate Polish as well from Megs. I believe the Ultimate Polish is similar to 205 with a slightly less cut and and the Ultimate has some additional oils in it as well to give it a little more depth. My confusion is...they have so many products that overlap. I have called them in the past to ask some questions and I got such as smarta** on the phone I would never call again.
    ----------------------
    2018 Jeep GC High Altitude
    2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance with Sport Package

Post Thanks / Like

The GG6 is a great machine.

Trust me, skip 205 and go with 210 for your finishing polish on that Tesla. You will thank me later!
    Jim