autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars White wax Questions

I agree. You are way over thinking this. Do you think Meguiar's would sell a product that will remove all the clear on your car to the general public. It does not contain the amount of abrasives that are found in a compound.

If you want to wax every month you could always use a spray wax or in between AIO sessions. Mike P often mentions topping an AIO with a sealant. It won't last as long but that is always an option.

As others have mentioned you can use a dedicated polish 1-2 times a year and then follow up with a sealant that will generally outlast a wax. You can use a spray wax in between if you desire to do that until the next polishing session.

As far as dawn leave it for the dishes. It buys you nothing.

2. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

a great combo if you want to stick to OTC products would be white wax topped with ultimate quik wax every other wash or so...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    Just don't want clear coat thinning.
    The very act of driving the vehicle—out
    there in the elements—will contribute to
    the thinning of the ClearCoat paint. And:

Those same elements will also contribute to
    the creation of ClearCoat paint imperfections;
    imperfections like swirls, scratches, etc., that
    will need to be buffed out—that is, if you want
    to return the ClearCoat paint to its former glory.

Sometimes you’ve got to:
    ”bite the proverbial bullet".

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want some waxes that are polymer heavy, create a lot of shine which can make white paint look bright, and will last two months or more you can try:

Pinnacle Liquid Wax
    Pinnacle Signature Series II
    Dodo Juice Diamond White or Fantastic Light
    Poorboys Nattys Red
    Mckees 37 Trademark Paste

These are all finishing waxes. You can use Meg’s white wax or any dedicated polish every 6-12 months to clean and use these every 2 mo the inbetween.

7. Likes PaulMys, animescreen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I agree. You are way over thinking this. Do you think Meguiar's would sell a product that will remove all the clear on your car to the general public. It does not contain the amount of abrasives that are found in a compound.

If you want to wax every month you could always use a spray wax or in between AIO sessions. Mike P often mentions topping an AIO with a sealant. It won't last as long but that is always an option.

As others have mentioned you can use a dedicated polish 1-2 times a year and then follow up with a sealant that will generally outlast a wax. You can use a spray wax in between if you desire to do that until the next polishing session.

As far as dawn leave it for the dishes. It buys you nothing.
    I think that meguiars products are great i just dont trust my abilities at moment so i was being cautious. But i did kind of thought doing a aio then just doing meguiars ultra spray wax in between . Anyways ill just use aio quarterly then use a dofferent wax as im trying to get the feel of waxing and eventually do ceramic or some sealant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    a great combo if you want to stick to OTC products would be white wax topped with ultimate quik wax every other wash or so...
    Every other wash hmm that means every two weeks for me hahah. Anyways I very two months of this combo should be good while i can do uqw anytime pretty much as i realize this get stripped pretty easily but nice to play woth as the shine is great and fun to do

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    If you want some waxes that are polymer heavy, create a lot of shine which can make white paint look bright, and will last two months or more you can try:

Pinnacle Liquid Wax
    Poorboys Nattys Red

These are all finishing waxes. You can use Meg’s white wax or any dedicated polish every 6-12 months to clean and use these every 2 mo the inbetween.
    Now thats a great plan i just want to find some routine but also try some new stuff out . Ill probally check one of those each and see which one works best and easy to work with. Seems like fun now to get things rolling lol

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Liquid Wax
    Poorboys Nattys Red

My vote is for Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax...i just finished my car this weekend using it and this stuff is amazing! Easy on...easy off and the shine it unbelievable.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Liquid Wax
    Poorboys Nattys Red

How bout waxes that last only like couple months so i can wax every two months im guessing carnaba is way to go then? Eventually gonna do ceramic coating but gotta get some hands on waxing experience wax on wax off lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    How bout waxes that last only like couple months so i can wax every two months im guessing carnaba is way to go then? Eventually gonna do ceramic coating but gotta get some hands on waxing experience wax on wax off lol
    The waxes I listed above should all get you around 2 months by the time you notice a need to re-apply, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran being the most durable of those that gets me about 4 months in moderate environment (spring/summer/fall in Northeast). Any of the above waxes can be re-applied every two months easy, you’ll never get any build up from that type of usage.

Similarly, if you applied a top sealant like WG, BF, Mckees, PBL, Powerlock, etc every 2 months you also shouldn’t have any issues... 2 months isn’t the same as applying weekly which would be complete overkill. I still recommend doing your decon and polish every 6-8 months to refresh the paint and start with a clean slate on your paint... this would be an opportune time to switch up LSPs if you are looking to try new things.

As Jayfro mentioned, Liquid Souveran might be the best value, durable, simple choice.So easy to use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast