autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Most Cut / Best Finish

Hi all.
    I'm new to all of this and am trying to get a plan of action to clean up the paint on my black, 2010 Nissan Frontier.

Just wondering about these 4 products. It would be great if all of you that have used all or some of them, would give a brief summation on which one has the most cut and finished better.

The conditions are that they are all used with the same polisher and the same pads, unless different pads work better with different products.

The 4 products are :
    Blackfire One Step
    3D HD Speed
    Sonax EX 04-06 &
    Sonax Perfect Finish

I'm trying to get as much correction and best finish in the least amount of time, with the least effort.

Thanks everyone in advance for your help. I definitely need it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most Cut / Best Finish

Quote Originally Posted by Serenitynow View Post
    Hi all.
    I'm new to all of this and am trying to get a plan of action to clean up the paint on my black, 2010 Nissan Frontier.

Just wondering about these 4 products. It would be great if all of you that have used all or some of them, would give a brief summation on which one has the most cut and finished better.

The conditions are that they are all used with the same polisher and the same pads, unless different pads work better with different products.

The 4 products are :
    Blackfire One Step
    3D HD Speed
    Sonax EX 04-06 &
    Sonax Perfect Finish

I'm trying to get as much correction and best finish in the least amount of time, with the least effort.

Custmsprty did a black Mercedes one step with Menzerna 400. Came out awesome. Tried to find the thread, but no luck. Maybe he will chime in.

3. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

2 of those products are cleaner/waxes and 2 of those products are water soluble medium cut polished.

The cleaner/waxed will tend to finish out better because they are leaving a layer of protection behind.

The polished will probably cut a little better because they are “dedicated “ products just for a reading paint.

The easy way would be either of the cleaner/waxed.

One and done.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd add sonax cut and finish to your list. Used it for the first time last week and I was very impressed with its cutting and finishing abilities. According to sonax its a 5/6 for cutting and 5/6 for gloss, so slightly more cut but a bit less gloss than the the 04/06 or perfect finish.

Post Thanks / Like

I might vote Wolfgang Uber Compound, being that it's a combination of both DAT and SMAT technologies.

Wolfgang Uber Compound, car polish, polishing compound

(Never tried Uber AIO, but again, might be a champ product getting you where you want to go.)

7. Likes expdetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so far everyone.

Yes. I do realize that 2 of them are " All-in- one" products. But, I have read alot of reviews stating that the 3D Speed and Blackfire have pretty good cutting ability.

I had looked at Sonax Cut and Finish too. But, it's hard to tell the differences in their products without actually using them I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

3D Speed will cut with the right pads, but don't make the mistake of thinking it will correct a paint with a lot of swirls/RIDS.

Always have a polish on hand with a little more "bite".
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all.

The 4 products are :
    Blackfire One Step
    3D HD Speed
    Sonax EX 04-06 &
    Sonax Perfect Finish

Sounds like a good plan. haha

Of those products I’ve only used 3D HD Speed and it was pretty decent. Like has already been mentioned it’s not going to remove major defects, but it can easily handle light swirls and marring. I’ve read good things about Blackfire one step, but again it’s an all in one, so most likely low on the cut scale. The cut of just about any product can vary depending on what pad you use, but this also changes how well it finishes out.

You never said what condition your paint is currently in, but being almost 10 years old I would assume you’ll need something stronger than an all in one to restore the paint to decent condition. If you’re just looking to clean it up and add some gloss an all in one would probably do the trick. Also, I know it’s not on your list, but I’ve had great results with Menzerna FG400, (I think the name has changed now). This is a compound with good cut and finishes really well thanks to the diminishing abrasives. Basically the longer you work it, the more it breaks down and becomes more like a polish towards the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIsnowman View Post
    ....a compound with good cut and finishes really well thanks to the diminishing abrasives. Basically the longer you work it, the more it breaks down and becomes more like a polish towards the end.
    Griot's Fast Correcting Cream does the same I have found.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all.

The 4 products are :
    Blackfire One Step
    3D HD Speed
    Sonax EX 04-06 &
    Sonax Perfect Finish

I have all of the products you listed and they are all solid but:

The results I got on this Porsche with FG400 in a one step correction was amazing. It was a swirled mess and had heavy water spots too.

I did numerous test spots with different products and pads and settled in on FG400.

Here's the link:

2015 Black Porsche Cayenne Correction with FG400 and Polish Angel Master Sealant
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast