autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: Car pro Gliss

Post Thanks / Like

Car pro Gliss

I applied Cquartz UK and topped it with Gliss about 10 months ago. I would like to reapply Gliss, is this possible or do I have to go through the whole process? Thanks!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car pro Gliss

Talked to Avi from carpro. I had same question He said wash with reset and prep wipe with eraser. then you are good to go.

3. Thanks Mariana thanked for this post
    Likes Mariana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richhinz View Post
    Talked to Avi from carpro. I had same question He said wash with reset and prep wipe with eraser. then you are good to go.
    Than you very muchCar pro Gliss

Post Thanks / Like

It also depends if you have used Reload in that time frame. That will have to be chemically removed prior to applying Gliss.

6. Thanks Mariana thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It also depends if you have used Reload in that time frame. That will have to be chemically removed prior to applying Gliss.
    I have used reload and elixir... Many times. What would be the steps to follow in this case?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mariana View Post
    I have used reload and elixir... Many times. What would be the steps to follow in this case?

You will need to use Tar X to remove the oils left behind from using Reload.

9. Thanks Mariana thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mariana View Post

This should help

Q. Is there a time that you should not apply Gliss on top of a CQuartz coating?

A. There is a time at which GLISS is not going to bond as well to a weathered coating. The exact point at which that happens is impossible to say due to all the variables involved and the impossibility of testing each one. What I CAN say is that we tested it on top of a 2-month-old coating with good results and it seems to have bonded well. The prep we would recommend for an aged coating if you are not polishing is as follows:

1. Wash with CarPro Reset
    2. Rinse
    3. Decontaminate with CarPro Iron X
    4. Rinse
    5. Use CarPro Spotless (if needed)
    6. Give one final wash again with CarPro Reset
    7. Rinse and Dry
    8. Wipe down with CarPro Eraser
    9. Coat

Q. My coating is a few months old and I want to apply Gliss but Reload has already been applied over the coating, can I still use Gliss?

A. No, as Reload will not allow the coating to bond to the paint but if you still want to apply Gliss than the process would be as follows:

Wash with CarPro Reset
    Decontaminate with Iron X if necessary
    Use CarPro Tar X (this will pull the oils out of Reload that will prevent Gliss from bonding. Use in shade, do not allow to dwell, and be careful around sensitive plastics)
    a. Spray and wipe in Tar X into panel with microfiber and immediately neutralize the Tar X by either rewashing the panel or using a waterless wash such as CarPro Ech2o (Make sure to neutralize Tar X before moving onto next panel)
    Give it one more good wash with CarPro Reset
    Wipe down with CarPro Eraser
    Gliss application *If applying over an old coating there is a possibility Gliss may haze up the next day and you can see the application marks. If this happens wiping down the vehicle with CarPro Ech2o or a damp microfiber will remove it.*
    If you choose to apply Reload over Gliss than you must wait a minimum of 12 hrs to allow Gliss to cure.

11. Thanks Mariana thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    This should help

Q. Is there a time that you should not apply Gliss on top of a CQuartz coating?

A. There is a time at which GLISS is not going to bond as well to a weathered coating. The exact point at which that happens is impossible to say due to all the variables involved and the impossibility of testing each one. What I CAN say is that we tested it on top of a 2-month-old coating with good results and it seems to have bonded well. The prep we would recommend for an aged coating if you are not polishing is as follows:

1. Wash with CarPro Reset
    2. Rinse
    3. Decontaminate with CarPro Iron X
    4. Rinse
    5. Use CarPro Spotless (if needed)
    6. Give one final wash again with CarPro Reset
    7. Rinse and Dry
    8. Wipe down with CarPro Eraser
    9. Coat

Q. My coating is a few months old and I want to apply Gliss but Reload has already been applied over the coating, can I still use Gliss?

A. No, as Reload will not allow the coating to bond to the paint but if you still want to apply Gliss than the process would be as follows:

Wash with CarPro Reset
    Decontaminate with Iron X if necessary
    Use CarPro Tar X (this will pull the oils out of Reload that will prevent Gliss from bonding. Use in shade, do not allow to dwell, and be careful around sensitive plastics)
    a. Spray and wipe in Tar X into panel with microfiber and immediately neutralize the Tar X by either rewashing the panel or using a waterless wash such as CarPro Ech2o (Make sure to neutralize Tar X before moving onto next panel)
    Give it one more good wash with CarPro Reset
    Wipe down with CarPro Eraser
    Gliss application *If applying over an old coating there is a possibility Gliss may haze up the next day and you can see the application marks. If this happens wiping down the vehicle with CarPro Ech2o or a damp microfiber will remove it.*
    If you choose to apply Reload over Gliss than you must wait a minimum of 12 hrs to allow Gliss to cure.
    Thank you so much

13. Likes The Guz liked this post