autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting that "Itch" to try something different!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Seriously, after posting thousands of pictures cars I've detailed or of cars I've obtained for my classes to detail over the decades, I've learned to do my best to get the EXACT year for the car I'm sharing just so I'm accurate. I probably hit about 99.9% accuracy.

I though our host told me it was a 1969 and get this, I can't be an expert on every make, model and year for every car ever made that I share on a forum. After reading this thread this morning I called Mike at PRAXIS detailing and asked him about the year and he thought the Museum Curator told him 1969? So he went to the auction website where this car is listed for sale and let me know it is in fact a 1970.
    All of us here are "auto geeks", our "geekdom" just reveals itself in different ways. Some (esp. you, obviously) are experts on auto detailing. Others have lots of knowledge about how autos operate, about the auto industry itself, or about makes/models of autos. This collective of knowledge is what makes the forum so great ... it unites us around a common interest while at the same time provides everyone the opportunity to not only learn but also share their own insights/experiences. "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts." - Aristotle

Just to point out, pretty cool car for a bunch of absolute strangers and in some cases, absolute newbies to take a machine to in a detailing class. I don't see this anywhere else on Planet Earth.
    Understatement of the year !!! Your Roadshows are like the Barrett-Jackson of the detailing world.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post

This collective of knowledge is what makes the forum so great ... it unites us around a common interest while at the same time provides everyone the opportunity to not only learn but also share their own insights/experiences.

"The whole is greater than the sum of its parts." - Aristotle

I agree.

I like detailing and I also like turning wrenches too....

3. Likes Aaryn NZ, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

+ One for Pinnacle Souveran.

I recently assisted in detailing a good friends personal vehicle & although I used the Paste Wax I knew he was doing to love working with Pinnacle Souveran. The ease of application, the results are spectacular & the wipe of is simply something you have to do to appreciate. I gave him some microfibre gloves & a bunch of towels (coz Mike Phillips showed me that!) & this guy was in detailing heaven.

Love me some Pinnacle Souveran.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Wolfgang über SiO2 wash seems like a great product from Mike Phillips rave review of it. That would work right over PNS/BSD.

Are you very satisfied with the beading and sheeting from PNS and BSD and want something like that next too? Then it's going to be hard as it's so coating like behavior from it. The slickness feeling is something you could excell and was surprised that you have for you a buttery feel from it.

Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax could also be an option to try out. With wiping it in and rinsed off thoroughly or wipe it off when you dry the car. Seems like they have getting awesome results from it.

Britemax Remax SiO2 Hydrophobic Spray Sealant is one that did good in a shootout video Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube did a couple of months ago. And was impressed with it as it did well in most of the different testing of the products.

IGL Premier is also a product that I've only heard great things about. Up there in the coating lite range of products.

There are some options of products that has cought my interest lately. So many products and so few vehicals to test them out on for me LOL.

/
    Sorry for being MIA this week, work has been a real b-buster!

I do like the buttery feel for some odd reason, I can actually put something on the car and it not slide off (I know, blaspheme)! The self cleaning aspect is pretty cool too.

The Wolfgang sio2 wash is something I may look at it too since I can use it over the PNS, I didn't realize that until now and I've been looking for a different wash media lately.

I like...so many products and so few vehicles, very true!

Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated and respected.

Jay

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Good talking to you on the phone Jay...

The wax and a couple of B&S 6" white foam Uro-Tec pads are shipping out today.

Remember - thin coat, allow to fully dry and then remove.

All you need and want is a little pad rotation. You're not removing defects, just laying down a thin, uniform coat of wax. A "little" pad rotation makes the pad glide over the surface easier/smoother.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike...package arrived today! I cannot thank you enough!

I thought about doing a test spot on the trunk this evening but after wiping it down it feels like I’ll need to lightly clay the car so it looks like I have a project this weekend.

Question, after claying should I repolish with Pinnacle Polish then apply the Souveran Wax or skip polishing and go to wax, of course checking for any marring from claying.

Again...thank you
    Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post

Question,

after claying should I repolish with Pinnacle Polish then apply the Souveran Wax or skip polishing and go to wax, of course checking for any marring from claying.

Again...thank you

Jay

I would defineitly re-polish after claying. It's my own personal practice.

There are 2 groups of waxes or sealants, and soon to be coating waxes/sealants,

Group 1: Products that clean either with chemicals, abrasives or both.

These can be called,

• Cleaner/Waxes
    • AIOs
    • Cleaner/Sealants
    • And moving into the future, you will see more products that PROTECT via Si02, Quarts and Nano-stuff, that also clean/abrade as they are applied.

Group 2: Products that don't clean or abrade as they are applied.

The industry has never had terms for these "specifically". In my books, on this forum, in videos and on TV, I refer to non cleaning products that protect as,

• Show Car Waxes
    • Finishing Waxes
    • Show Car Sealants
    • Finishing Sealants
    • Non-cleaning waxes

All of the above is just off the top of my head...

So here's the deal, the Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax falls into this second category. So to appreciate the product as it is intended to be used, after claying, machine polish.

Apply a thin coat and allow to fully dry, then wipe off.

Check for slickness, shine, gloss etc. I'm confident you'll find that not only does a thin application wipe off super easy but the slick feeling finish it leaves behind is the kind of slick feeling everyone loves.

Also - shake well before using.

That is the bottle we used on the 1970 Boss Mustang at my Auburn Roadshow Class so there's probably a few squeezes out of it.

I also just ordered a brand new bottle today and it's being shipped to Colorado for my class there next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I would defineitly re-polish after claying. It's my own personal practice.

There are 2 groups of waxes or sealants, and soon to be coating waxes/sealants,

Group 1: Products that clean either with chemicals, abrasives or both.

These can be called,

• Cleaner/Waxes
    • AIOs
    • Cleaner/Sealants
    • And moving into the future, you will see more products that PROTECT via Si02, Quarts and Nano-stuff, that also clean/abrade as they are applied.

Group 2: Products that don't clean or abrade as they are applied.

The industry has never had terms for these "specifically". In my books, on this forum, in videos and on TV, I refer to non cleaning products that protect as,

• Show Car Waxes
    • Finishing Waxes
    • Show Car Sealants
    • Finishing Sealants
    • Non-cleaning waxes

All of the above is just off the top of my head...

So here's the deal, the Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax falls into this second category. So to appreciate the product as it is intended to be used, after claying, machine polish.

Apply a thin coat and allow to fully dry, then wipe off.

Check for slickness, shine, gloss etc. I'm confident you'll find that not only does a thin application wipe off super easy but the slick feeling finish it leaves behind is the kind of slick feeling everyone loves.

Also - shake well before using.

That is the bottle we used on the 1970 Boss Mustang at my Auburn Roadshow Class so there's probably a few squeezes out of it.

I also just ordered a brand new bottle today and it's being shipped to Colorado for my class there next week.

Thank you for the advice...I was originally planning on Polishing after the Clay since you preach after you clay you should always polish but just wasn't 100%, I must say the Sonax PNS is still looking amazing but...time for something new!

I hope to start either Friday or Saturday.

Again...thank you very much!

Jay

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post

I hope to start either Friday or Saturday.

Jay
    Looking forward to your thoughts after using it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I just went beyond the "wow" moment to the "holy $#\t" moment after the first coat yesterday! I plan on applying a second coat later this afternoon after the obligatory 24 hour set-up period! I'll post pics once the second coat is on.

Results are stunning!

Thank you for allowing me to have "that moment", what a moment!

Jay

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

14. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast