autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nextractor for shop vacuum

Has anyone used a Nextractor? The vacuum hose connects onto most shop vacuums like Ridgid, Craftsman, Shop-Vac & others with 2½" diameter vac inlet

Nextractor for shop vacuum-nweb-216183312_std-jpg

Fits all wet / dry vacuums with a 2-1/4" tank opening.

Kit includes:
    1: 15' x 1-1/2" Heavy Duty Spiral Hose
    1: Stainless Steel Upholstery Tool with 3" head with 1-1/2" OD
    1: 25' x 1/4" ID rubber water hose: 15' is inside the vacuum hose and approx. 10' extends from the end of the hose
    2: Swivel cuffs with openings for internal water hose
    1: 3/4" Brass swivel connector with rubber gasket (screws onto water spigots, garden hoses, water heaters and slop sinks)

How it works:
    Plug the vacuum hose adapter into your 2-1/4" vacuum opening.
    Screw the brass water hose fitting onto your water source.
    Pull the handle on the upholstery tool and it sprays just like an extractor!
    For best results, use a hot water source.

Benefits of the Nextractor:
    Eliminates repairing costly extractor parts, such as: motors, heating elements, tanks and electronics.
    Allows you to use your current vacuum as an extractor and a vacuum.
    Nextractor is heavy duty, lightweight, flexible and has a low profile tool design for ease of use!
    *Please Note: this hose is designed to be used with low pressure water systems (40-80 lbs) and should not be retrofitted to high pressure machines
    How can shampoo be dispensed thru the water hose if its only 1 water hose & no shampoo tube? The only thing I know is it connects onto water heater; buth its length is a bit short from vacuum hose end (25 ft?)

Can the upholstery nozzle be changed or is it glued onto the vacuum hose cuff?

Is the nextractor worth the $ or should i stick to the shop-vac steam team? The shop-vac steam team is several yrs old (1980s/90s?) & parts for the steam team are most likely discontinued

shop-vac steam team in upholstery/small area shampooing mode connected onto Ridgid vac

Nextractor for shop vacuum-img_20180905_164841-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nextractor for shop vacuum-img_20180905_164850-jpg   Nextractor for shop vacuum-img_20180905_164858-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nextractor for shop vacuum

I made one of those when I first started out detailing. It is very simple and a lot cheaper to build than to buy one of those. PM me if you are interested and I’ll send you a parts list.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about inventing this about 5 weeks ago, then forgot about it until now. I'm glad you found the Nextractor. I was wondering if it already existed. The price doesn't seem too bad. I wonder what the water pressure is like?
    Honestly, I think this is a great idea. Extractors are limited by how much water they can supply & hold. This takes care of both problems. Also, shop vacs can generate great amounts of water lift, so extraction could be really high with this thing for not a lot of money. Expensive extractors have high lift, but inexpensive extractors, maybe not so much. Is high lift vs low lift not a big deal? Maybe. But, I like the idea of not having to stop to refill with clean water and empty the dirty water in the extractor.
    To answer your question, no shampoo cannot be dispensed. The idea is to spray your cleaner first, agitate it in, then extract it up. I actually prefer this method of application. I believe it cleans better, and rinses cleaner.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

The reason I wanted the Nextractor is because the Shop Vac Steam Team upholstery nozzle's clear 'lens' came apart (its glued onto the nozzle 'body' & the kit is old maybe 1980s/1990s) so the glue decayed over time & I had to tape the nozzle together. I might re-glue the nozzle asap; but don't know what glue Shop-Vac used when they made the Steam Team (the carpet washing head is held together by 4 screws) If the upholstery washing head was held by screws instead of being glued together it might hold up better; but the plastic is kind of fragile due to age

I liked the Steam Team because the water hose has a shampoo dispenser on the end that connects onto the faucet & fill the container with Rug Doctor Oxy Steam for washing; then vinegar for rinsing

Close-up of upholstery washing nozzle

Nextractor for shop vacuum-img_20180905_164850-jpg

The shampoo container/faucet connector

Nextractor for shop vacuum-img_20180905_164858-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the pictures. I can only find the floor attachment of the steam team. Looks like a neat contraption. I would attempt to fix it, if I were you. Try some silicone, followed by epoxy after the silicone dries.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Thought about one of these but ended up getting an aqua pro vac

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish Auto View Post

yoo bro i know this thread old but tell me. im not broke or struggling but i still prefer go the custom build route for a lot of reasons. i own the 6hp shop vac and as far as just cleaning, the thing is about on par as a good vac at local diy car washes. but what vac was you using and how did you like it? what is you using now just curious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast