autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best topper for CQuartz3.0?

Does Gliss work on UK 2.0?

Do spray toppers do their thing just as well on top of Gliss as they would on top of UK?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Very interesting. What do you think of 2oz of tacsystem Aqua Waterless and 1oz of high gloss in 16oz for a drying aid on CQUK3? I guess there are no right answers.

Can't wait to apply my first ceramic coating!
    Assuming TAC WW has a similar ratio and consistency as Ech2O, and if TAC leaves behind SiO2 or something type of similar gloss enhancers; I think it’s definitely worth a try. Assuming you can part ways with an ounce of purple gold for risk/reward detail spray.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Assuming TAC WW has a similar ratio and consistency as Ech2O, and if TAC leaves behind SiO2 or something type of similar gloss enhancers; I think it’s definitely worth a try. Assuming you can part ways with an ounce of purple gold for risk/reward detail spray.
    Yeah tac has %5 Si02.

Lol yeah high gloss is super nice. I hope it can give the CQUK3 more pop.

I would try gliss if i had it but i have enough high end products to play around with. Might even try rapidwaxx has a topper for cosmic V2 and/or CQUK3. It has a lot of Tio2 and Sio2 has well according to the MSDS.

I do have a 200ml bottle of reload, not sure what to do with it yet. Probably use it after the coating while its curing since thats one of the main ways it was meant for. And maybe just use it after every wash until its gone.

Thinking out loud just use the high gloss/aqua on cosmic V2 until the reload is empty. Then use my own mixture for CQUK3.

I don't want to fall in the trap of buying more products when i already have lots of options. For instance, i have close to a full bottle of colly 845 that will probably never be used up. Good wax but i like ceramics more.

FYI Tacsystems just released a graphene coating! Expensive - still less then cosmic V2 and spritz - but i believe it will be a stud.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah tac has %5 Si02.

Lol yeah high gloss is super nice. I hope it can give the CQUK3 more pop.

I would try gliss if i had it but i have enough high end products to play around with. Might even try rapidwaxx has a topper for cosmic V2 and/or CQUK3. It has a lot of Tio2 and Sio2 has well according to the MSDS.

I do have a 200ml bottle of reload, not sure what to do with it yet. Probably use it after the coating while its curing since thats one of the main ways it was meant for. And maybe just use it after every wash until its gone.

Thinking out loud just use the high gloss/aqua on cosmic V2 until the reload is empty. Then use my own mixture for CQUK3.

I don't want to fall in the trap of buying more products when i already have lots of options. For instance, i have close to a full bottle of colly 845 that will probably never be used up. Good wax but i like ceramics more.

FYI Tacsystems just released a graphene coating! Expensive - still less then cosmic V2 and spritz - but i believe it will be a stud.
    Your plan seems very reasonable assuming you want to use Reload up (and I hate wasting products so would probably do the same). Once reload is done maybe do a few washes before starting the new mix topper. Let the Reload wear out.

I can definitely itely understand using what you got. No need to buy more, you have some of the best already.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Your plan seems very reasonable assuming you want to use Reload up (and I hate wasting products so would probably do the same). Once reload is done maybe do a few washes before starting the new mix topper. Let the Reload wear out.

I can definitely itely understand using what you got. No need to buy more, you have some of the best already.
    Good advice waiting for reload to wear out!

You said there's risk mixing high gloss with aqua? really?

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice waiting for reload to wear out!

You said there's risk mixing high gloss with aqua? really?
    Lol, I was kidding that an ounce of HG is worth a pretty penny and not everyone would want to use a full ounce to find out if they like a new detail spray concoction (given I can get 2+ coats of HG out of an ounce by itself). But I had plenty of HG and tried it and I personally found it to be worth it. I would do it again next time I use a PA LSP for sure, but it really should bling up any ceramic LSP.

Just to clarify above, I’ve used both Merlin with 0.5oz HG / 0.5oz CS. I’ve also used Merlin with 1oz HG alone. I liked both.

7. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Typing out loud, I’m sure you could get away with only using 0.5oz HG by itself in a Merlin. It’s super concentrated compared to most spray sealants. Could always start with that and add another half ounce bottle if you find yourself desiring more.

9. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After living w/ a Graphene Coating (more correctly, a "graphene-infused" coating) for 13 months/16k miles I find it to be more a variation of the same theme w/ regards to ceramics as opposed to a "Revolution". Perhaps I shoulda gone with a recently released product that touts "Pure Atomic Graphene" in it's formulation. :lol:

11. Likes The Guz liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    After living w/ a Graphene Coating (more correctly, a "graphene-infused" coating) for 13 months/16k miles I find it to be more a variation of the same theme w/ regards to ceramics as opposed to a "Revolution". Perhaps I shoulda gone with a recently released product that touts "Pure Atomic Graphene" in it's formulation. :lol:
    Funny you say that because i kind settled on artdeshine's ceramic coat - Ayicon - for my needs. 12-18mths that i hope can last 1 canadian winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you say that because i kind settled on artdeshine's ceramic coat - Ayicon - for my needs. 12-18mths that i hope can last 1 canadian winter.
    Sent ya a PM w/ some detailed thoughts/vids on my time w/ the US Distribution of Art 'D Shine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast