autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best topper for CQuartz3.0?

I'm starting to think that Art De Shines products and SPS are not formulated the same. I've got the Art De Shine graphene coating on my car and I don't have the same results that you and Guz has had.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I'm starting to think that Art De Shines products and SPS are not formulated the same. I've got the Art De Shine graphene coating on my car and I don't have the same results that you and Guz has had.
    Different things sometimes yield different results for different folks.

It was by no means a poor product, it worked very well w some attributes that would be very appealing to many. Those particular aspects just didnt meet my needs.

And as we learn more and more about the actual properties and formulations of the new graphene stuff, I'm just not that convinced that the small amount graphene infused into these products is at a 'game-changing' level...yet.

The absence of some of the big players in the coating world may speak to this...or not.

Sure is fun to watch as it develops in any case. Best topper for CQuartz3.0?

3. Likes PaulMys, WillSports3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

True enough. For example, the waterspots. I don't have any on my car yet, but you and Guz have both gotten waterspot issues (correct me if I'm wrong here) Also, you both said it was easy to use but I found it very difficult to remove, if that makes sense? I coated doing 1 by 1 squares at a time because it was instant flash time.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

True enough. For example, the waterspots. I don't have any on my car yet, but you and Guz have both gotten waterspot issues (correct me if I'm wrong here) Also, you both said it was easy to use but I found it very difficult to remove, if that makes sense? I coated doing 1 by 1 squares at a time because it was instant flash time.
    You all could have different water hardness in different parts of the country. Did you have water spot issues with previous coatings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, and no. I've had the issue with some coatings, not all and sealants/waxes.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Does Gliss work on UK 2.0?

Do spray toppers do their thing just as well on top of Gliss as they would on top of UK?
    Yes Gliss can be used over 2.0. Gliss doesn't care what you put over it.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    After living w/ a Graphene Coating (more correctly, a "graphene-infused" coating) for 13 months/16k miles I find it to be more a variation of the same theme w/ regards to ceramics as opposed to a "Revolution". Perhaps I shoulda gone with a recently released product that touts "Pure Atomic Graphene" in it's formulation. :lol:
    Lol the marketing is good on that one.

It is the same product. US rep told me it was when he messaged me about the water spot issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Different things sometimes yield different results for different folks.

It was by no means a poor product, it worked very well w some attributes that would be very appealing to many. Those particular aspects just didnt meet my needs.

And as we learn more and more about the actual properties and formulations of the new graphene stuff, I'm just not that convinced that the small amount graphene infused into these products is at a 'game-changing' level...yet.

The absence of some of the big players in the coating world may speak to this...or not.

Sure is fun to watch as it develops in any case. Best topper for CQuartz3.0?
    I agree with you. It is not a game changer yet. After a few iterations it could potentially be. As you mentioned some of the big names are not even considering going the graphene route. CarPro has already mentioned they are not and Gtechniq is focused on their current coatings although have looked into graphene.

I am tempted to polish SPS off but I made a commitment to those following on it's progress.

It was easy to apply. It flashes pretty quick. Some like to use the damp towel final wipe off method. I didn't have to do any of that. I can't recall how your car is stored (garage or outside). Mine is outside 24/7.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have any specific water spot issues w the SPS but I've never really had any of the stereotypical water spot issues w coatings that others have experienced.

While our cars will get rained on in the morning and then bake in the sun in the afternoon, they rarely come in contact with 'un-natural' water in daily life like that from sprinklers...maybe that helps.

SPS was a *great* coating for me from May thru November. Always looked deceptively clean even when slightly dirty, great water behavior; it just didn't much like being ignored during Winter, never quite 'came back to life' in Spring as well my preferred ceramics have over the years.

Aside from that, I'm just not totally sold on the fact that the graphene in the formulation had that much to do with the excellent performance when it was Takin' Care of Bizness from May thru November.

With more info coming out quickly regarding the practicalities of a true 'Graphene Coating' being even remotely possible from a mfg standpoint, I'll just watch from the sidelines as the drama unfolds.

Post Thanks / Like

My cars are garaged overnight. It sits out during the day if I'm in and out and what not. I have to say, I'm glad that the two of you are testing/have tested this as well so I can get different opinions.

Actually, I compare it to my other car which us UK 3.0 with infinity in top and right now, I actually do think I prefer the way the UK and Infinity looks.

Thanks you two for stepping in with your thoughts.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used cancoat on CQUK3? I would use gliss but i wanted cancoat for other applications and its also much easier.

I'm back in the trap!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Has anyone used cancoat on CQUK3? I would use gliss but i wanted cancoat for other applications and its also much easier.

I'm back in the trap!
    Pretty sure numerous people have, but coatings=crack has for sure and seems to enjoy it.

12. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234