autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best topper for CQuartz3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Gliss is the way to go. It completely changes the way UK feels and behaves. Totally worth it in my opinion. At this point I don't think I'd consider using UK w/o Gliss because it makes it that much better. Quite easier to apply than UK as well so if the application is what's making him say no to Gliss, just know that it's very easy to apply.
    This ^.

Gliss completely changes the game.
    2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is a lot of steps to perform just to add something back on a very good coating product. Almost think that is a solid reason why most daily drivers are better off with simple spray sealants and occasional wax. Coatings are not the perfect answer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    Wow, that is a lot of steps to perform just to add something back on a very good coating product. Almost think that is a solid reason why most daily drivers are better off with simple spray sealants and occasional wax. Coatings are not the perfect answer
    It's not the coating that is the problem if you thinking of the application of Gliss after a while. Reload and it's oils in it that makes Gliss application a no go if not degreasing the surface first. Otherwise it's just goes over with a thorough cleaning and a Eraser wipe down. So here is the spray sealant the problem LOL.

But agreed that coatings is not always the answer. And it's awesome that we can use what we like on our vehicals with all of the options out there today.

I second The Guz recommendations with EcH2O and Elixir. Or just EcH2O and let the coating doing it's thing. And down the road when the wear is coming start to top it up with Elixir.

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I think it suggested that it's better to use this product immediately after applying a coating, rather than at some point later. That just like a coating, you have to have a squeaky clean surface.

Coatings can and will offer a lot more protection to the paint than any wax or sealant I've ever used, and last a whole lot longer as well. On any vehicle this saves you time, work, and in the long run I'd say money too. On a very large vehicle, your body will thank you for it!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Ech20 for sure. I mix a batch of elixir up with 2.5 ounces Ech20 and 3 oz of sio2 topper. Would recommend looking into something other than Reload though.

A lot better products for your money. I’d put synergy out the window with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah Ech20 for sure. I mix a batch of elixir up with 2.5 ounces Ech20 and 3 oz of sio2 topper. Would recommend looking into something other than Reload though.

A lot better products for your money. I’d put synergy out the window with that one.

At one time, I felt Reload was a good product. When it once came in a White Bottle.
    So did I think a lot of other people.
    Then version this and version that came out, and a lot of people began having problems with it including myself.

Was bad enough at one point that I sent back two .500ml bottles for refund.

Using both Blackfire Coating Booster, and SIO2 Spray, didn't see such problems with those that Reload was once possessing, meaning oily smeary and uneven results.

Reload I think is better today, but not sure I can say it is exactly like back to the old formula, even though it is claimed that it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Interesting....
    Can you provide a little more info about how you make this concoction and when/how often you use it, and how is it applied and removed? Thanks!
    I like the economy and efficiency of this if it works.

Post Thanks / Like

My most recent Elixir in a 16oz bottle (not 32oz like I think crack is mentioning) was:
    1.5oz Ech2o, 0.5oz PA Cosmic Spritz, 0.5oz PA High Gloss. So 1oz of Spray Sealant in my 16oz bottle, but PA sprays are pretty concentrated.

I used it the same way I would any QD: as a drying aid after wash/rinse, or just to spruce things up after a WW or if the car sat in my garage only for a few days and had light dust. The particular PA combo I used is a bit pricey compared to some other Elixir combos, but I estimate it costing about $9 or less per 16oz, not expensive when comparing to RTU QDs. Holy crap was it a shiny combo on top of Cosmic Spritz base coat.

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by packfan View Post
    Interesting....
    Can you provide a little more info about how you make this concoction and when/how often you use it, and how is it applied and removed? Thanks!
    I like the economy and efficiency of this if it works.
    Yes a guy name Merlin popularized this and dubbed it elixir. Was so popular Carpros came up with a QD named elixir.

Originally it was (I believe) 1.7oz Reload and 1.7oz Ech20 in 24 oz bottle. I don’t have 24 oz bottles so played around with mixture in 32oz Kwazar.

I currently like best 2.5 Ech20 2oz of Shine Supply Clutch (sio2 spray I prefer over CP reload) and fill rest with distilled water.

For drying aid this works great but I use a different mix now.

I still use 2.5 Ech20 but 1oz of Clutch. I then add 1.5 oz of Carpros Hydro2 lite (their spray on rinse off sio2 sealant. It’s water activated so figure it works better with water.

I’m liking this combo for drying and second as dry/QD application.

Dry application:

Spray on liberally long as car not to dirty. Wipe in straight line across panel rolling dirty edge back after each pass. I use RC (rag company) creature edgeless or eagle edgeless 500 for this. I then dry with RC pluffle and then final buff with RC 850 Everest.

Wet application/drying aid:

Spray on after final rinse or before I dry using a waterless (either way Car is wet). Spray 3-6 sprays per panel. I dry with a pluffle (I try and baby my PFM’s and only use after rinseless or bucket method with no drying aid).

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    My most recent Elixir in a 16oz bottle (not 32oz like I think crack is mentioning) was:
    1.5oz Ech2o, 0.5oz PA Cosmic Spritz, 0.5oz PA High Gloss. So 1oz of Spray Sealant in my 16oz bottle, but PA sprays are pretty concentrated.

I used it the same way I would any QD: as a drying aid after wash/rinse, or just to spruce things up after a WW or if the car sat in my garage only for a few days and had light dust. The particular PA combo I used is a bit pricey compared to some other Elixir combos, but I estimate it costing about $9 or less per 16oz, not expensive when comparing to RTU QDs. Holy crap was it a shiny combo on top of Cosmic Spritz base coat.
    Very interesting. What do you think of 2oz of tacsystem Aqua Waterless and 1oz of high gloss in 16oz for a drying aid on CQUK3? I guess there are no right answers.

Can't wait to apply my first ceramic coating!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast