autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick/easy way to strip waxes and sealants

Don't forget that your pads load up with residue when cutting off a previous LSP. I always use more pads when trying to cut off previous sealants and especially coatings.

A lot of times there are very robust sealants and coatings that inhibit actual paint correction of the paint for 2 reasons...they clog up your pads AND have a pretty substantial bond with the paint.

My approach is a 3 step process, 1. Chemical wipedown first 2. Cutting with a GOOD ABRASIVE product (and frequent pad cleans and change outs) and 3. A final chemical wipedown.

I do all that before I attempt correction.

2. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"To achieve the expected results and durability associated with Bilt Hamber's range of sealants and waxes it is necessary to properly clean the surfaces to be treated first. Bilt Hamber cleanser-fluid is the perfect product for this task, as it flushes the surface pores of painted finishes, removing former last step product residues and embedded grime with ease. Being naphtha-based, it's less harsh than its alcohol-based rivals, yet much more effective, as evidenced by its ability to dissolve tar spots. Moreover, because it doesn't flash off as quickly, it's also far nicer to use."

Post Thanks / Like

I have a buddy that does this as a living, much like alot of you guys here, and I was in his shop when he was doing a detail. Many of you may know what he was using, he sprayed the car in an acid type product. Omg, his shop was like a chemical minefield, not only was it a difference in breathing in there, my eyes were feeling it. I think it stripped alot of stuff off, lol.

5. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Don't forget that your pads load up with residue when cutting off a previous LSP. I always use more pads when trying to cut off previous sealants and especially coatings.

A lot of times there are very robust sealants and coatings that inhibit actual paint correction of the paint for 2 reasons...they clog up your pads AND have a pretty substantial bond with the paint.

My approach is a 3 step process, 1. Chemical wipedown first 2. Cutting with a GOOD ABRASIVE product (and frequent pad cleans and change outs) and 3. A final chemical wipedown.

I do all that before I attempt correction.
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    I have a buddy that does this as a living, much like alot of you guys here, and I was in his shop when he was doing a detail. Many of you may know what he was using, he sprayed the car in an acid type product. Omg, his shop was like a chemical minefield, not only was it a difference in breathing in there, my eyes were feeling it. I think it stripped alot of stuff off, lol.
    ^^^^^ ^^^^^

7. Thanks Paul A. thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mineral Spirits.

Post Thanks / Like

Prepsol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12