autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How long do I have to put Microfiber towels in laundry

I got safe detergent for mf towels got on here and wondering how long do I have to wash the mf towels?

I’m guessing dry and wash towels are safe to not wash until like for two weeks etc (not sure still)

But towels that were used for dressing (interior and exterior) probally need to wash right after? Or will dry it up and cause mf towels to harden?

Also, I will put drying and wash towels in one group and the other group it will be tired and underneath / wheelbase

And third batch will dressings (leather seats , plastic trims, chrome etc

But if I have to wash these sooner, was thinking just put all in laundry and just add more detergent and wash all together lol but chemical guys vids talked about not cross contaminating while some on here just put all towels (set it and forget it)

I bought lot of mf towels so I can do bulk laundry but not sure how long towels that are used can be sitting idle in garage that is room temp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How long do I have to put Microfiber towels in laundry

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    I got safe detergent for mf towels got on here and wondering how long do I have to wash the mf towels?

I’m guessing dry and wash towels are safe to not wash until like for two weeks etc (not sure still)

But towels that were used for dressing (interior and exterior) probally need to wash right after? Or will dry it up and cause mf towels to harden?

Also, I will put drying and wash towels in one group and the other group it will be tired and underneath / wheelbase

And third batch will dressings (leather seats , plastic trims, chrome etc

But if I have to wash these sooner, was thinking just put all in laundry and just add more detergent and wash all together lol but chemical guys vids talked about not cross contaminating while some on here just put all towels (set it and forget it)

I bought lot of mf towels so I can do bulk laundry but not sure how long towels that are used can be sitting idle in garage that is room temp

I haven't had issues letting them sit for weeks without washing. I don't generate enough towels to do a load every week... maybe every other week if im lucky. Generally once a month I'll run a full load.

Interior cleaners, protectants, spray seslants... etc. Haven't seen any towels get harmed by waiting. Though I have enough MF towels that if a few did get ruined it's not an issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. Likes derass liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wgasa84 View Post
    I haven't had issues letting them sit for weeks without washing. I don't generate enough towels to do a load every week... maybe every other week if im lucky. Generally once a month I'll run a full load.

Interior cleaners, protectants, spray seslants... etc. Haven't seen any towels get harmed by waiting. Though I have enough MF towels that if a few did get ruined it's not an issue.

So is it a feel test if mf towels go to the tire and wheel section?

Post Thanks / Like

after using them (microfiber towels) and if they are still damp/wet, set them out to dry (pants hanger) before putting them in a laundry bag (or where ever you store dirty towels). you don't want to put store them inside something when they are still wet because of the potential of mold. i wash my microfiber towels in warm water with an extra rinse cycle, then into the dryer (after snapping them all out) on the lowest heat setting with the dryer balls (no dryer sheet). try not overthink things, you'll stress yourself out and not enjoy yourself...

6. Thanks animescreen thanked for this post
    Likes derass, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    after using them (microfiber towels) and if they are still damp/wet, set them out to dry (pants hanger) before putting them in a laundry bag (or where ever you store dirty towels). you don't want to put store them inside something when they are still wet because of the potential of mold. i wash my microfiber towels in warm water with an extra rinse cycle, then into the dryer (after snapping them all out) on the lowest heat setting with the dryer balls (no dryer sheet). try not overthink things, you'll stress yourself out and not enjoy yourself...
    Never had mold problems before . Maybe it’s cause I don’t leave it more then 2 weeks and not as humid here in garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    So is it a feel test if mf towels go to the tire and wheel section?

That's how I do it. If they are rough or I question the towel they are tire or junk garage towels.

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to wash towels every week or a small load directly after use(depending on what detailing work I just performed, polish, wax, etc). To me microfiber means micro traps thus trapping all the stuff we use during detailing and the dirt thus I typically don’t like them to dry with all that stuff trapped in the fibers. Just my opinion, but don’t get all worked up on this it is just my process.
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

I set mine out to dry if need be, and sometimes they sit in the hamper for weeks before I’ll have enough to justify a full size load (35-40 towels, minimum.)

I’ve never had any issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    I tend to wash towels every week or a small load directly after use(depending on what detailing work I just performed, polish, wax, etc). To me microfiber means micro traps thus trapping all the stuff we use during detailing and the dirt thus I typically don’t like them to dry with all that stuff trapped in the fibers. Just my opinion, but don’t get all worked up on this it is just my process.
    I was kind of thinking same thing as it traps dirt etc so sooner you wash it releases that . Especially dressings etc that just sit there cause it’s doesn’t really dry up unless it’s near some heat source

Question is what about mf towels with wax as they have lot of clunks in them. (I’m thinking they are one time use and go straight to tires)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I set mine out to dry if need be, and sometimes they sit in the hamper for weeks before I’ll have enough to justify a full size load (35-40 towels, minimum.)

I’ve never had any issues.

Do you just do one all inclusive load or separate towels from ones used for dressing or wash etc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast