autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Louisville The Derby City
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Drying towels , 1-2 towels enough? And MF towel detergent question.

    I second everyone who has recommended the Griot's towel. Picked up a couple a month ago and have fell in love with them. They hold onto water like crazy.

  2. Likes Coatingsarecrack, rangerbay, derass liked this post
  3. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Drying towels , 1-2 towels enough? And MF towel detergent question.

    PFM for the win. The Gyeon towel is really good,but not as good as the PFM from Griot's.

    The strange thing about the PFM is they have started to work better now when they get a little damp,or so it seems. I've had mine for about 2 years now.

    I've always used Towel Kleen also.

  4. Likes derass liked this post
  5. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,091
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Drying towels , 1-2 towels enough? And MF towel detergent question.

    Are you doing your own business or just your own car? You don't have to do towels every week if you get a lot of towels. I do like every 6 weeks but have lots of towels. An amount that many would consider to be a mental disorder.

    I do use only 1 big and 1 small paint drying towel but of course you need some lesser towels for
    trim and rims duty


    Edit: Im not in love with the griots towel that everyone recommends. I have 3 of them but I find the dry me a river waffle weaves to be more delicate. Its a decent towel though obviously people rave about it.

  6. #14
    Senior Member UncleDavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Taunton, MA
    Posts
    820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Drying towels , 1-2 towels enough? And MF towel detergent question.

    The Griots PFM is the best drying towel on the market and it works for bucket washes, waterless washes or rinseless washes. One towel will dry my entire truck. Just keep folding it to a new surface. I have used Blackfire microfiber detergent and Chemical Guys Citrus microfiber wash. I do like the Chemical Guys detergent but I will have to check out 3D Towel Kleen.

  7. Likes astro, PaulMys, derass liked this post
  8. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Drying towels , 1-2 towels enough? And MF towel detergent question.

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    The Griots PFM is the best drying towel on the market and it works for bucket washes, waterless washes or rinseless washes. One towel will dry my entire truck. Just keep folding it to a new surface. I have used Blackfire microfiber detergent and Chemical Guys Citrus microfiber wash. I do like the Chemical Guys detergent but I will have to check out 3D Towel Kleen.
    I just bought one and I'm looking forward to using it or the first time soon after reading all the great reviews here on the forum. I bought 2 waffle weave drying towels that were reccommended on this forum but I wasn't overly impressed and I dont know how I missed all the rave reviews about the GG PFM drying towels when I was doing my original research here.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Autogeekonline mobile app

  9. #16
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    4,968
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Drying towels , 1-2 towels enough? And MF towel detergent question.

    Quote Originally Posted by astro View Post
    I just bought one and I'm looking forward to using it or the first time soon
    You'll be amazed. It's that good.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
  11. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Drying towels , 1-2 towels enough? And MF towel detergent question.

    I use 10 MF towels to do a rinseless and it only takes one waffle weave to dry. I throw them in the washer after and use a free and clear then hang dry, do not use the dryer and never mix with anything else with your MF towels. You don't need a special MF cleaner for the washer.

  12. Thanks astro thanked for this post
    Likes astro liked this post
  13. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Drying towels , 1-2 towels enough? And MF towel detergent question.

    Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    PFM for the win. The Gyeon towel is really good,but not as good as the PFM from Griot's.
    I bought one of the Gyeon silk dryers during the recent 1/2 off MF sale but must say that I was disappointed in its performance vs. my Griot's PFMs. I've since relegated the Gyeon to drying the windows and using the PFMs on the paint.

  14. Thanks astro thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, astro liked this post
  15. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Drying towels , 1-2 towels enough? And MF towel detergent question.

    Quote Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
    I use 10 MF towels to do a rinseless and it only takes one waffle weave to dry. I throw them in the washer after and use a free and clear then hang dry, do not use the dryer and never mix with anything else with your MF towels. You don't need a special MF cleaner for the washer.
    I use a free and clear and based off of some recommendations from griots MF wash which you add to the F&C and MFs come out much softer. I tumble dry with no issues so far with 6 mo old MF. I dry on extra low 10 min then air fluff for 10 then hang. W/O dryer MFs seem real stiff. Its not as cheap as 3D Kleen but use less of it per wash makes it a great value.

    Got a bottle of 3D Kleen to compare.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Drying towels , 1-2 towels enough? And MF towel detergent question.

    Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Are you doing your own business or just your own car? You don't have to do towels every week if you get a lot of towels. I do like every 6 weeks but have lots of towels. An amount that many would consider to be a mental disorder.

    I do use only 1 big and 1 small paint drying towel but of course you need some lesser towels for
    trim and rims duty


    Edit: Im not in love with the griots towel that everyone recommends. I have 3 of them but I find the dry me a river waffle weaves to be more delicate. Its a decent towel though obviously people rave about it.
    Personal car . I have lot of towels and need to organize my towel by color or it will get mixed and washing will contaminate each other
    (Like dressing interior towel) mixed with drying towel seems like bad idea lol.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2018, 03:17 PM
  2. Help -- Can't get detergent out of MF Towels
    By MilesTeg in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-01-2015, 10:40 PM
  3. Very basic question about drying with MF Towels
    By Desertnate in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-28-2015, 02:19 PM
  4. Microfiber Drying Towels - Best and Boiling Towels
    By MI Mike in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 05:18 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 08:38 PM

Members who have read this thread: 94

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» August 2019

S M T W T F S
28293031 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31