autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: wheel coating recommendation

recently put some black label coating on the wifes explorer and my new silverado. Both are very wide, flat and generally easy to clean rims and only being a month in, the jury is still out. However, so far i haven't seen a water droplet or ounce of dirt even stick to the wheels, let alone need to be cleaned off.

I need a few more months and then to test it out on my tricky g8 wheels to really make a conclusion.

edit to say, if you're doing regular washes on your cars anyhow and not really looking for a coating, you can't go wrong with how easy hydro blue is to apply to the rims. It worked well for the wife's explorer and my old silverado. I just needed something tougher for my intricate wheels.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    PBL is a great wheel coating. A little tedious applying to intricate wheels, but will pay off in the cleaning department. On the other hand, Hydro Foam will clean and protect your wheels in one step. If your wheels are really dirty, I would suggest using IronX to do the heavy cleaning and follow up with Hydro Foam.

Im thinking of just sticking with Dlux. Gonna order Dlux, carpro eraser and some green foam fingers.

The wheels are brand spankin new lol. I want to do this now before I mount them. Do you hydro foam will be good to use after I coat them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    On the other hand, Hydro Foam will clean and protect your wheels in one step. If your wheels are really dirty, I would suggest using IronX to do the heavy cleaning and follow up with Hydro Foam.
    Any reason you suggest HydroFoam over Hydro2 ? If they both offer "up to 3 months" protection as advertised, the main benefit (protection-wise) I see to HydroFoam is that you get a lot more product for your money ... 500ml (dilutes 1:9) vs. 100ml (dilutes 1:6).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Any reason you suggest HydroFoam over Hydro2 ? If they both offer "up to 3 months" protection as advertised, the main benefit (protection-wise) I see to HydroFoam is that you get a lot more product for your money ... 500ml (dilutes 1:9) vs. 100ml (dilutes 1:6).

The reason for recommending Hydro Foam is that you are cleaning and protecting in one step..whereas with Hydro2, you will have to clean first before applying Hydro2.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234