autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash

I am very interested in this product, but at the same time I'm sort of confused. If I understand correctly, when performing a traditional wash you still have some dirt left on the surface before you rinse to flush it off. If this is correct, when McKee's37 Auto Wash is allowed to dry on a surface with traces of dirt, aren't you left with a surface where the dirt will not just rinse off because now it's sort of baked on again? I hope I'm wrong, because I really want to try this product!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash

Quote Originally Posted by 3MW View Post
    I am very interested in this product, but at the same time I'm sort of confused. If I understand correctly, when performing a traditional wash you still have some dirt left on the surface before you rinse to flush it off. If this is correct, when McKee's37 Auto Wash is allowed to dry on a surface with traces of dirt, aren't you left with a surface where the dirt will not just rinse off because now it's sort of baked on again? I hope I'm wrong, because I really want to try this product!
    I use it a lot, and I would suggest still trying to complete the wash quick enough that if the soap does dry, it should be for a brief time only. Obviously letting it bake on purposely for some time might cause dirt to bake as well... but if you treat this as a normal car wash and don’t over account for the “drying in the sun” idea, you should be fine.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash

Quote Originally Posted by 3MW View Post
    Heavy dirt and contaminants should be rinsed off prior to washing the car. Then, wash the vehicle as you normally would, except don't feel obligated to rinse off each panel after you wash it. Water, not soap, creates water spots.

4. Likes The Guz, VISITOR liked this post