autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me find a replacement for BSD

Quote Originally Posted by howardm4 View Post
    Off topic: Can I put a 2nd coat of PNS on a vehicle that I put PNS on a few days ago (no additional topper, yet (but will be BSD))? Not sure I got good enough coverage on the first pass and also winter-prep for Boston.
    Sure you can. Just wash first and you should be good to go. I usually do 2 coats of PNS a couple hours apart for coverage reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be reapplying PNS to my wifes car this weekend, it's been about 4 months since I laid down PNS, doesnt have the "soft buttery feel" anymore!

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been mixing BSD and V07 50/50 for the last 3 months and have enjoyed it . Velvet like smoothness, not grabby at all. I’m using it over PNS

Post Thanks / Like

Whats V07? (I'm no good with all these acronyms, sry!)
    Thxs
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbmag1 View Post
    I’ve been mixing BSD and V07 50/50 for the last 3 months and have enjoyed it . Velvet like smoothness, not grabby at all. I’m using it over PNS
    Do you have the same extreme water behavior and self cleaning ability from it with the BSD/ Chemical Guys V07?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Do you have the same extreme water behavior and self cleaning ability from it with the BSD/ Chemical Guys V07?
    That, more than anything else is my concern here. Are the qualities of both products diminished by combining them? Are you getting the best of both worlds, or ending up with a different end product that is a lesser quality than either in their original form?

But then again, if you use it often enough, refreshing the “coating” before it’s totally gone, it really won’t matter, you’ll have protection in your paint 24/7/365, right? (I put coating in quotes since neither of these are actually coatings.)

Post Thanks / Like

V07 is it’s name- from chemical guys
    I reapply monthly, so I can confirm that it easily last that long.
    Environment in which it is exposed has been 92-95F and extremely sunny - which is very hard on the horizontal surfaces. This combo with PNS has been very coating like (no worries of water spots either).

8. Thanks Icarus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this and would recommend you guys and gals who uses BSD to try this bottle EZ Mist Sprayer. I used it with apply drying aid and when applyied directly on the dry paint if you like that more than into the mf towel. Even if BSD is a thicker consistency it mist out perfect from it. The benefit with these QD that leaves high protection behind is that you don't need to be use 1 spray and try to spread it out over a whole panel. This leaves you with a very thin even layer of the BSD or any product really. And it's builds up a little pressure from it so even when you have triggered it it keeps misting out from it. You get used to it and is easy to work with.

EZ Mist Sprayer - Black

Here's one downside that you should carefully think of when useing it. Since the mist spray is almost atomizes be carefull or prefed to not use this bottle when it's windy outside. May seem silly but these products is not good to breath in. And also it's not good to get it in your eyes either. So get the knowledge on how the wind is coming and always have it in your back blowing when you use this. I have gotten it in my eyes the BSD and it's not pleasant experience at all. This is actually important with any spray bottle as some finer mist can come out from them too. But this you get more fine mist out of it. I love useing these fine mist spray bottle with the building up pressure in them as you spray it. Have another glossenhancer spray that comes original in a bottle like this.

Ad one in the next order and put your favorite QD/drying aid in the EZ Mist Sprayer and see how it works for you and how you like it. There are not anything close to this I think in how they works technically. Cut BSD 1:1 with distilled water if useing it as a drying aid and full strength if you apply it on dry paint for the long protection and if only a wipe down for maintance use the 1:1 dilution.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Just saw this and would recommend you guys and gals who uses BSD to try this bottle EZ Mist Sprayer. I used it with apply drying aid and when applyied directly on the dry paint if you like that more than into the mf towel. Even if BSD is a thicker consistency it mist out perfect from it. The benefit with these QD that leaves high protection behind is that you don't need to be use 1 spray and try to spread it out over a whole panel. This leaves you with a very thin even layer of the BSD or any product really. And it's builds up a little pressure from it so even when you have triggered it it keeps misting out from it. You get used to it and is easy to work with.

EZ Mist Sprayer - Black

Here's one downside that you should carefully think of when useing it. Since the mist spray is almost atomizes be carefull or prefed to not use this bottle when it's windy outside. May seem silly but these products is not good to breath in. And also it's not good to get it in your eyes either. So get the knowledge on how the wind is coming and always have it in your back blowing when you use this. I have gotten it in my eyes the BSD and it's not pleasant experience at all. This is actually important with any spray bottle as some finer mist can come out from them too. But this you get more fine mist out of it. I love useing these fine mist spray bottle with the building up pressure in them as you spray it. Have another glossenhancer spray that comes original in a bottle like this.

Ad one in the next order and put your favorite QD/drying aid in the EZ Mist Sprayer and see how it works for you and how you like it. There are not anything close to this I think in how they works technically. Cut BSD 1:1 with distilled water if useing it as a drying aid and full strength if you apply it on dry paint for the long protection and if only a wipe down for maintance use the 1:1 dilution.

/ Tony
    Thank you Tony, I added that to my Wish List for next week! I'll probably get a couple of them, one for BSD and another "just to have"!

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So diluting BSD with water, 1:2, is disappointing.

I haven’t polished my car since 13 months ago but the finish is still glossy and any swirls are “invisible” in my silver paint. PNS and BSD has been good to this garage-kept ride over the last 12,500 miles and 13 months.

So I washed it this week and saw the water-beading to be a little less than I’m accustomed to, so decided to freshen it this morning (it’s been parked since the wash) with the diluted BSD I prepared. Did the entire car, applying with a short nap MF and buffing with a soft MF with a deeper pile. Added a nice gloss... I was happy.

Did some chores and I’m driving home in the rain, and I can see the hood is not as hydrophobic as I expected. The performance of the BSD is drastically diminished. There’s clearly no substitute for full strength protection. I will use my diluted solution only as a quick detailer for touch ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast