autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me find a replacement for BSD

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    What is BSD? I guess im not up on all the lingo yet?
    Look up 2 spots....^^^^

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer Spray.

I've diluted it about 1:2, 1 part BSD to 2 parts distilled water. It seems fine, but there's this nagging thought that if this was optimum, wouldn't the manufacturer have produced it this way? So I'm thinking that I'm reducing the BSD's effectiveness. I ordered another bottle and I've been considering 2 options:

1 - Since the PNS is the sealant, and a protectant, and dare I say it... a sacrificial layer, the BSD is now then a second sacrificial layer. So full strength or diluted, does it really matter?

2 - So what if the PNS is a sealant, etc. The BSD does provide excellent protection, plus is extremely hydrophobic and self cleaning. Why diminish a good thing by diluting the BSD? Nothing wrong with having 2 layers of protection, so long as they don't work against each other.

I may end up using the BSD full strength every 2-3 washes, and diluted for quick detailing.

3. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The PNS and BSD is haveing the same polymers in them that gives you the protection and performance from it. So you are basicly applying PNS over it self but in a weaker strength with a cleaning ability from it in the BSD. Even their ceramic coating is the PNS and or BSD the recommended topper. It's a 12 months coating as it is but with refresh it with the PNS every 6 months you get 36 months longevity from it. A little strange their coating Sonax CC36 that way but not an unusual way with the polymer coatings before the ceramic coatings came with a longer protection. And even those that are over 3 years coatings often has so you get back to the installer. They do a decon and apply a topper that works in synergy. This is often done every 6 months to 1 year. So no problem at all which dilution you apply the BSD over the PNS. It's the longevity from it self that you reduce. But since it's so concentrated with the polymers you get an extreme longevity from it for being a QD. I like to use it full strength every month or so when I have used it. Go after the performance you have from it. And when you have washed the vehical and notice in the rinse step of the car soap it's degraded performance. Just apply a new layer of the BSD and you are back. You can stretch the PNS a very long time doing this. And who knows when you have only BSD left on the paint as you top it up. So if you you get any swirls and scratches or you get contaminants that degrade the highest behavior. Then a decon and if only contaminants a fresh layer of PNS. If swirls and scratches a light polishing step and then a new PNS layer. This you can do up to a year or 2 depending on the environment you live in and what kind of abuse the vehical gets. It's a great system if you want to keep it simple and get coating like results from it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Look up 2 spots....^^^^

I'm looking up the 2 spots and do not see what BSD is. Can you spell it out for those of us who don't look at this everyday please?

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax-Brilliant Shine Detail-Spray
    BSD

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    I would suggest sticking with BSD for topping up PNS after washing, and for the product you can use “between” washes to clean up the rear bumper and trunk go with a waterless wash that does not leave anything behind.

I’d get a pump sprayer for this purpose and fill it with N-914 (or D114 if you have any) at the recommended waterless wash dilution ratio and spray it liberally. This will accomplish your objective of keeping the areas more prone to collecting dirt clean, while also not diminishing the characteristics of the PNS/BSD combination that you indicated you are happy with.
    This is the correct answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    I took Klasses advice a couple of months ago when I was having issues with BSD and it worked like a champ except I did mine at 1:1. I sprayed it directly on a lightly dampened MF towel too instead of on the panel, amazing results!
    Recently started doing the same. 1 to 1 and it's super easy to use and still gives great protection and makes an inexpensive product even more affordable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd give 303's Speed Detailer a try, a very quiet product that's really goodHelp me find a replacement for BSDHelp me find a replacement for BSD

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'd give 303's Speed Detailer a try, a very quiet product that's really goodHelp me find a replacement for BSDHelp me find a replacement for BSD

I don't use many pre made detailers but I can concur, this is a solid product.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Off topic: Can I put a 2nd coat of PNS on a vehicle that I put PNS on a few days ago (no additional topper, yet (but will be BSD))? Not sure I got good enough coverage on the first pass and also winter-prep for Boston.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast