autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Jet ski pricing

Post Thanks / Like

Jet ski pricing

So I’ve searched and can’t find very much info on jet ski detailing pricing. I have 2 Sea Doo RXT 300 jet skis a customer dropped off to me today unannounced. My steps that I’m going to be doing are, wash, AIO compound/polish, and top it with collinite. Can anybody give me some insight on a price point to start at?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Jetski detailing

The boat and marine section seems kind of dead so I’ll try posting here. So I’ve searched and can’t find very much info on jet ski detailing pricing. I have 2 Sea Doo RXT 300 jet skis a customer dropped off to me today unannounced. My steps that I’m going to be doing are; wash, AIO compound/polish, and top it with collinite 845. Can anybody give me some insight on a price point to start at?

Mike Phillips

Re: Jet ski pricing

Take what you want to make per hour and multiple it by how many hours it will take you to do the job.

Round this to the nearest $100.00 and that’s your price.

Also - I merged your two identical threads together. One thread per topic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Take what you want to make per hour and multiple it by how many hours it will take you to do the job.

Round this to the nearest $100.00 and that’s your price.

Also - I merged your two identical threads together. One thread per topic.

That’s what I was leaning towards, I just didn’t want to quote too high or too low.

I knew I couldn’t quote per foot like my boat details because I wouldn’t make anything off two small jet skis.

Thank you for the insight and quick response Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSportJoey View Post
    So I’ve searched and can’t find very much info on jet ski detailing pricing. I have 2 Sea Doo RXT 300 jet skis a customer dropped off to me today unannounced. My steps that I’m going to be doing are, wash, AIO compound/polish, and top it with collinite. Can anybody give me some insight on a price point to start at?

I did one of the same model (I think) earlier this season. The client wanted it ceramic coated. There is some kind of strange finish on these things and you cannot use any kind of solvent or strong degreaser on them. So I ended up doing a rinseless wash and I degreased it with palmolive dish soap diluted about 20:1 in a spray bottle. The jetski was new so it did not need any correction.

For the work time, It depends on if you need to do the hull as well as the top part. If so, it will take a while. If not, it took me about 2 hours from start to finish to wash, degrease and coat... so about half the time it would take me on a small car. I hope that gives you an idea how much to charge. I would still give the client a range of prices in case something takes longer than expected.

Also, I only did the top part of the vehicle, the jet ski was on a trailer and I did not have full access to the hull so we decided to only do the top part. If your client has it setup in a way that the hull would be accessible, it would probably take you as long, if not longer than doing a small car.

Hope it helps.