autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waterless washing in garage messes

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    Yeah thanks. I know I worry too much but this is my first luxury car and feel sometimes, I'm not ready for it. But more I practice, I do feel It's the right ride. I need to let go of perfection especially something I won't be able to take to heaven anyways hahahah Guess, when I see showroom cars you get inspired.
    Go to a car show and you will be amazed in how badly conditions they often are in. Even there you don't see many cars in a standard right after a correction. Also even if they have gotten it corrected before many don't just know how to maintain it to have it as defect free as possible. Many just keep on doing with what they have always been doing and gets it fast swirled up again. This is generally speaking of course. So it's much how you touch your paint and also how often. If you do it very often you will going to a sooner correction even if it's just a light polishing.

2. Likes DirtyCanuck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thanks. I know I worry too much but this is my first luxury car and feel sometimes, I'm not ready for it. But more I practice, I do feel It's the right ride. I need to let go of perfection especially something I won't be able to take to heaven anyways hahahah Guess, when I see showroom cars you get inspired.
    It really makes no difference if it's a luxury car or a beater. Paint is paint. My 2015 Chevy Sonic which I paid like 12K for looks better than 99.9% of the cars I come across in day to day life. That includes cars that cost 100k plus. It's a great thing that you're worried about keeping it looking good, but don't stress so much to where it drives you crazy. No point in buying a nice car if you can't/don't enjoy it. Enjoy it, drive it, keep it clean and protected and correct it as it's needed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Likes astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So just being prepared for coming rainy days and will be doing waterless/rinsless wash through the gary dean way (which requires lot of mf towels which im prepared for). However my garage is tight and bit dark but will make it work.

1). I'm concerned about water being all over the floor (as the method has lot of mf towels soaked in water) Is there any way device or method to catch all the water dripping and some how collect it without getting it saturated on the garage floor?

2). If I'm doing this method it will eventually cause swirl marks as nothing is perfect but doing his 1-2x a week when its raining consecutive days bad idea? I calculated that I'll be taking this car out 2-3x a week. And do my usualy 2bucket / foam gun cleaning 1x a week.

3). Let say I come home and was raining a lot and lot of dirt and mud got splattered everywhere etc.. Probally best I rinse it off with garden hose much as i can before doing the waterless/rinseless right?

4). What is most waterless washes people do in a week? (It depends on my situation and driving but rains here a lot)

I have this ocd where I'm going to bed and don't like having dirt or anything on the car. Only cause it gets dried and crusted on there making it hard to get it off as oppose to immediately going back home and getting rid of it. My mind says just clear it everytime I take it out (which is only 2-3x a week).
    If you're really concerned just seal the floor and if needed use a large tarp to "help" catch water and funnel it. What I do / did is get a handful of old beach towels from garage sales and I lay them down too. I can rinseless wash a full size car/van with 1.5-2gals water.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I can’t help but think you’re going to eventually do more damage than good. You’re way over thinking this. Detailing is a fun thing; it shouldn’t keep you up at night. Learn to enjoy it is really the best advice I can give.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

7. Thanks animescreen thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can’t imagine washing a car knowing it’s going to rain the next day and be right back where you started. If you’re worried about the dirt/debris building up, you would be better off doing a quick rinse with a pressure washer to remove the debris between washes. I do this several times during the winter to keep salt buildup to a minimum. Washing it everyday will eventually lead to swirled paint, no matter how careful you are.

9. Likes BillE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

here in the snowy Northeast, I got a thing from Amz. that is essentially a biiiiig place-mat for the car w/ raised-rolled edges so that the snow and junk melt off. can then wetvac it up or let it be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by howardm4 View Post
    here in the snowy Northeast, I got a thing from Amz. that is essentially a biiiiig place-mat for the car w/ raised-rolled edges so that the snow and junk melt off. can then wetvac it up or let it be.
    I would like to hear more about that Howard. I try to remove as much snow and clumps of slush of off the wheel wells and fenders before I put the car in the garage but there are always puddles of gritty water that I have to sweep out of the garage. I am also in the snowy (right now steamy) Northeast. What is that item actually called?

Post Thanks / Like

this is the exact item I got for my mid-size SUV, um, 7x19 I think but a pickup would require more, esp for front or rear overhang.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

13. Thanks UncleDavy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait a minute, your talking about the Rinseless wash method, not the Waterless wash method as outlined in the title. Think of the Waterless Wash method as a glorified quick detail with tons of lubricity.

Rinseless wash is where you use the gallon buckets filled with water and you dry the paint after washing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidAl View Post
    I can’t help but think you’re going to eventually do more damage than good. You’re way over thinking this. Detailing is a fun thing; it shouldn’t keep you up at night. Learn to enjoy it is really the best advice I can give.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Yeah just letting go imperfections lol but do what I can and have fun . Not stress over scratch here and there and more look at the car as whole and build memories . I think it’s fun hobby and can learn a lot from this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast