autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waterless washing in garage messes

do anyone just dry the car with those blow dryers on autogeek.... thats definetly touching and think i'll get one later down road.. or do they just take off chunks of water beads but still need towel to buff out the rest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    It really makes no difference if it's a luxury car or a beater. Paint is paint. My 2015 Chevy Sonic which I paid like 12K for looks better than 99.9% of the cars I come across in day to day life. That includes cars that cost 100k plus. It's a great thing that you're worried about keeping it looking good, but don't stress so much to where it drives you crazy. No point in buying a nice car if you can't/don't enjoy it. Enjoy it, drive it, keep it clean and protected and correct it as it's needed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    That's true. Reminds me of playing tennis tournaments etc.. Stressing about winning etc when in fact should enjoy the ride

3. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    do anyone just dry the car with those blow dryers on autogeek.... thats definetly touching and think i'll get one later down road.. or do they just take off chunks of water beads but still need towel to buff out the rest
    I do on my Acura since it has buttery soft paint, I just use a HF leaf blower, it takes just about everything off. I will follow up with a MF towel using the pat down method for the tiny beads left over. I have PNS on both my Acura and on my wife's X3 which I'll blow dry too but not as OCD on it as mine!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    If you watch the car sealant comparison YouTube videos, blowing off the water on well maintained paint will be a “breeze.” Sorry, couldn’t resist. If the paint has a good layer of wax or sealant, most of the water will fly off the surface with a blower. Water will cling on to unprotected paint when you blow it and you’ll have to wipe it up after.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    If you watch the car sealant comparison YouTube videos, blowing off the water on well maintained paint will be a “breeze.” Sorry, couldn’t resist. If the paint has a good layer of wax or sealant, most of the water will fly off the surface with a blower. Water will cling on to unprotected paint when you blow it and you’ll have to wipe it up after.
    I noticed with sealants (don’t use wax) water does not blow off so as well. Have seen this TW seal and shine and hydro silex. Works awesome with a coating and cosmic did well. I would think it would work well with a wax also.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I noticed with sealants (don’t use wax) water does not blow off so as well. Have seen this TW seal and shine and hydro silex. Works awesome with a coating and cosmic did well. I would think it would work well with a wax also.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I use IGL Premier. Water blows off pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

8. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234