autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Best Product Ever!?

Collinite 845

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 915. Best product all around that I can think of, with value considered.

Post Thanks / Like

Soooo hard to narrow down to just one! Let’s just say I can’t count tonight ok?

Collinite 476 - nearly bulletproof protection that would take a ceramic coating to best in protection.

Griot’s Best of Show Detail Spray. Unreal shine and protection in one. Almost too easy to use

McKees Tire and Rubber Rejuvenator - you cant get your tires any cleaner

ScottH

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Reset car soap as it's gives you lubrication and the cleaning ability is top notch.

Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam. No other prewash comes near this in cleaning ability. I often wondering if after the cleaning with the PW if it was necessary to do the bucket wash afterwards. The rinse bucket is almost clean every time I used it. It's when it's going long between the washes during the winter months I can see a slightly dirty rinse water.

Sonax Glass Cleaner is awesome on the inside of the windows. It's ability to cling on the glass makes it to not leave so much of run off and overspray. The cleaning ability is also great both on the inside and outside. On the outside windows the Angelwax Vision glass cleaner is beating the Sonax in cleaning ability but not a product for the sensitive to smells LOL.

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. For being a QD and the extreme water behavior you get from it and long longevity from it. It's an extreme product in this range of products. Then it has it's drawbacks with not the slickest finish and sometimes finicky application. But when you experience the awesome parts it's forgiven LOL.

7. Likes ScottH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Whether it’s the present day, or the past:
    Go ahead...Name the detailing task;
    Meguiar’s has always had the products
    that I can best describe as ”kick-ass”!

{IMO: That’s the reason why they
    have been around since 1901...}

Bob
    Agree!

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

Over the years so much stuff has came and went. Some of it’s still around - but just isn’t use a lot; even though it’s a good product. I can’t isolate one product as the best - but here are some all time favs in no real order.

1. Tuff Shine Tire Kit

First tire coating in my world and still the only stuff I use. Both the cleaner & coating are pretty unique in what they do. One of the few thing out there that lives up to claims.

2. P21S/S100 Wax (any)

Was the first real fancy type wax in my world. It has a a great blend of ease of use, reasonable cost, good looks, and a smooth as butter user experience all the way from Europe. It’s same quality as many beauty waxes costing hundreds $.

3. CarPro Hydrofoam

First, and may still be? only product that can be used as a soap and protectant in one. Water beading is legit. This product doesn’t get accolades, I think mostly because it’s poorly marketed and understood. Basically, don’t try and use it on paint outside or it’s going to spot. Use it in a spray bottle to clean well maintained wheels and trim & clean & protect in 1 step.

4. Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam

First shampoo I recall specifically being sold as “snow foam”. Smells amazing, not too costly, and makes a ton of foam. Like most of these snow foam products, it probably does little if anything; but it’s still fun to use.

5. Sonax BSD

Still may be the best stuff out there you can spray on paint and get protection. Again, another case of bad marketing. Should have been labeled a spray sealant. Best overall stand alone LSP that doesn’t wash off after 2 rain drops. Cheap & easy.

6. Megs Wheel Brite

Still may be best working wheel cleaner out there. Cheap and outperforms any iron wheel cleaner. Also, safe on factory wheels if directions followed.

Post Thanks / Like

Toss up for me. Either Sonax BSD or P21s Total Auto Wash.

This is all assuming you don't consider d-limonene a 'product'.

Knock some P21s down 30:1 with distilled water in a pump sprayer (You might even be able to dilute it further. I haven't tried ). Try it to clean your tires/wheels, engine compartment, the lower edges of panels, anything that gets a lot of traffic film. It's safe like a car wash, but cleans like harsher chemicals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Toss up for me. Either Sonax BSD or P21s Total Auto Wash.

This is all assuming you don't consider d-limonene a 'product'.

Knock some P21s down 30:1 with distilled water in a pump sprayer (You might even be able to dilute it further. I haven't tried ). Try it to clean your tires/wheels, engine compartment, the lower edges of panels, anything that gets a lot of traffic film. It's safe like a car wash, but cleans like harsher chemicals.
    Is it similar to a degreaser?
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Iron-X; I love watching orange dots melt & rinse away.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Opti Coat before it went professional

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast