autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Interior - mouse in vehicle. Help!

So my wife realized the other day that she has a couple of mouse droppings in her 2016 Mercedes GLE. Actually she noticed them in our newborn’s car seat base. I vacuumed everything out well and wiped everything down with sonar interior cleaner and CG nonsense. I also found a mouse nest in the spare tire well. I cleaned it out and wiped everything in there down with Clorox wipes. This morning she said she found another dropping. This is a little disturbing as I have no clue how a mouse could get into this car.

My question is how do I prevent them from coming back? My worst fear is a mouse popping up while my wife is driving and scaring her into having an accident. Any tips at all? This is a disgusting and frustrating problem.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior - mouse in vehicle. Help!

I have had good luck with bounce dryer sheets,but I also keep a few traps in the garage baited with peanut butter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3. Likes expdetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

agreed that fabric softener sheets are good. but generally for vehicles being stored... an active rodent in an active vehicle is a little odd. I'd also set out a bunch of traps in the garage.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    agreed that fabric softener sheets are good. but generally for vehicles being stored... an active rodent in an active vehicle is a little odd. I'd also set out a bunch of traps in the garage.
    This vehicle doesn’t get garaged. Also, I have three kids, two of which always have snacks against my suggestion to my wife to keep food out of the vehicles.

I found his nest in the spare tire well, and then pulled out the spare tire, tools and carpet and found this. Chocolate cereal and animal crackers. He was taking them from my kids car seats or the floor of the back seat and bringing them there.

I vacuumed everything out, wiped it down with APC and disinfectant wipes, put dryer sheets under the carpet and put it all back together. Also put dryer sheets under the back seats and in the center console.

I’m so annoyed that my wife keeps food in the car but it’s over. She’s agreed no more food for her or the kids in the car, as nobody wants to get sick from mice.

I just hope the mouse doesn’t come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

i tried and lost the battle of no snacks with my wife too. you could still setup traps around the car. wont hurt anything but a mouse or dog's nose.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Set up the mousetrap inside the car. I have had good luck using peanut butter as bait.

8. Likes expdetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Set up the mousetrap inside the car. I have had good luck using peanut butter as bait.
    Ya ,I think I would also, just to make sure he's not already moved into the interior of the vehicle

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon sells live catch traps that are easy to set-up and will not hurt anything larger than a rat. Roughly $6 per unit.
    Obviously, they can be placed anywhere, including inside the vehicle.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Stop feeding the rodents in the car, set out a trap outside the vehicle so they have no more need to steal from the kids' area. LOL

I truly understand your frustration with rodents but thankfully none yet in the vehicles at home.

I suggest you take time and watch this video, especially at the end on how they go about adding product to keep the mice or rats out of this van that sits for long times outdoors. It is not something to share with the wife nor your children.

YouTube

Sweet Project Cars is based in MI I believe and he comes up with some unusual methods.

Hope you find their hidden door into the wife's vehicle and seal it up for good!

Post Thanks / Like

You've got to get the food out of the car. I know your kids are little and little kids like to eat in the car, but they're not going to die if they go without car snacks for a few days. Believe me, I have multiple customers with little kids who do not allow eating in their cars and the kids are just fine. Get ALL the food out of the car and set a few traps. When that's all there is to eat, they'll come in the traps or leave the car.

13. Likes custmsprty, PaulMys, Thomkirby liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast