autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pressure washing under neath the car.. HELP any attachments?

So I want to take care of my bmw x3 2019 which will be garaged a lot. Driving in Seattle where it rains lot will produce lot of mud dirt and other debris underneath the car and outside. I never clean underneath my ocd side of new ride wants too.

1). Is there any pressure washer attachment that will curve so i can point it underneath the car and will wash (even some foam gun if possible). Or is that dangerous .

2). Do most people don't even clean underneath the car? (not even sure how the x3 looks like without lifting it with a lifter). Im guessing engine bay is more cleaned then underneath the car

either way i just want to make sure each section is good. since i paid so much money

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure washing under neath the car.. HELP any attachments?

Sent you a PM
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    So I want to take care of my bmw x3 2019 which will be garaged a lot. Driving in Seattle where it rains lot will produce lot of mud dirt and other debris underneath the car and outside. I never clean underneath my ocd side of new ride wants too.

1). Is there any pressure washer attachment that will curve so i can point it underneath the car and will wash (even some foam gun if possible). Or is that dangerous .

2). Do most people don't even clean underneath the car? (not even sure how the x3 looks like without lifting it with a lifter). Im guessing engine bay is more cleaned then underneath the car

either way i just want to make sure each section is good. since i paid so much money
    I bought a Ryobi Water Broom from Home Depot. Works well hooked to your pressure washer. It can be used for an undercarriage cleaner or a floor cleaner. I have it hooked to a 3200 psi preacher washer. If I use it on the floor it is so powerful that it will hover a foot off the floor.Pressure washing under neath the car.. HELP any attachments?-screenshot_20190708-195255-jpg

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Bruggeman View Post
    I bought a Ryobi Water Broom from Home Depot. Works well hooked to your pressure washer. It can be used for an undercarriage cleaner or a floor cleaner. I have it hooked to a 3200 psi preacher washer. If I use it on the floor it is so powerful that it will hover a foot off the floor.Pressure washing under neath the car.. HELP any attachments?-screenshot_20190708-195255-jpg
    that looks like a dumbell.. so basically you slide that baby underneat the car and acts like a sprinker but more pressure? Hmm.. sprinkler might work lol

As for soap .. or scrubbing im guessing thats going little deep end right? (OCD) I still don't know what my x3 looks like.... Either way there is no way to get under unless putting it under jacks which is too much of hassle to scrub.. Maybe once a quarter?

Post Thanks / Like

Got the PM thanks ... is that what you use? and tried other stuff ? how often do you clean down there.. lol that didn't sound right lol

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever I do under car/undercarriages, I generally just get down on my knees and use pressure washer to clean under car. I use my 2 gallon sprayer to slather undercarriage with Apc When prepping cars for shows, I have gone as far as to jack up the car and put it on jack stands to give me more room to work and see.

Post Thanks / Like

An oscillating lawn sprinkler works pretty well. One thing good, you don't have to worry about salt damage in Seattle (unless they changed the 'rules').

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll probably find a pretty continuous under tray on your BMW. I have one on my 3 Series and it not only makes it easy to clean but protects the under guts from getting too filth laden. I do spray APC on all the exposed guts and rinse them well after a brush scrub.

If Mike@DedicatedPerfection sees this, he has a nice rig for a PW underside attachment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCanuck View Post
    Whenever I do under car/undercarriages, I generally just get down on my knees and use pressure washer to clean under car. I use my 2 gallon sprayer to slather undercarriage with Apc When prepping cars for shows, I have gone as far as to jack up the car and put it on jack stands to give me more room to work and see.
    What is APC? You actually put your car on all jacks and then wash? I'm afraid car will crush me .. (Has that ever happened or stories? Don't want to be gory but that is fear of mine).

Do you just use water ? Or Soap and wash cloth then rinse?

If I drive around 7k miles on this car in Seattle weather rain how often you think I should clean the bottom?

Anyways, I want to go under and get good cleaning with jacks but if there is not horror stories (Saw even car lifts in shops break down etc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    An oscillating lawn sprinkler works pretty well. One thing good, you don't have to worry about salt damage in Seattle (unless they changed the 'rules').

Bill
    Seattle rains so no salts here (isn't salt for snow only?) Never really snows here so glad. BUT raining a lot sucks as it brings lot of mud and dirt and debris splashed on your car. So after washing sometimes it rains the same day (or worse minutes after you finish)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast