autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

how often should i buy microfiber towels?

So gonna get chemical guys microfiber towels for specific tasks. and was told to wash it after each use via laundry and their microfiber towel detergent. (*youtube)

Wondering how long do microfiber towels last if I was let say 2x a week *seattle weather it rains a lot so lot of splashes of dirt etc..

and when can i tell it's time for new towels?

AND!!!

I have microfiber towels (like waffle weave) and other microfiber towels that were never dried in heat and always air dried after scrubbing dirt off with car wash soap. This has been years. can i still use them? need to save money

Post Thanks / Like

Re: how often should i buy microfiber towels?

The CG towels (yellow w/black trim) are some of my favorites. I’ve been using the same towels for 7 years now and they are still in good enough for paint condition, soft and absorbent. I’ve got some cheap Walmart towels that I use for wheels and engine bays and they look rough but still work for nasty jobs.

Your old waffle weave towels should be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll get a million answers on "best mf towel". Or.... Best "anything" here on AGO to be perfectly honest.

Just use a good MF detergent, and do not cross-contaminate your towels and they should last you many years.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mr. Evil one so how would I know when it is time to use it as tire or nasty job? FEEL? TIME? I plan on keeping the towels in some file drawer in garage thats not hot or too cold

Post Thanks / Like

When they lose their feel, get soiled, or if you perceive them to be so.

In all honesty (and I just posted this recently), don't fall so in love with your towels that you do not use them for their intended task.

All things come to the end of their useful lives.

Post Thanks / Like

The CG yellow cobra jr imitations are the first towels I bought.

The real cobra gold plush jr yellows(sold here) are much better and about the same price.

7. Likes astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You'll get a million answers on "best mf towel". Or.... Best "anything" here on AGO to be perfectly honest.

Just use a good MF detergent, and do not cross-contaminate your towels and they should last you many years.
    DSF

sO i shouldn't worry about using my home washer and dryer right? Like let say i just finished my work clothes or regular clothes (not that it's really dirty) and then after its done go ahead and put dressing mf towel, drying mf towel, washing mf towel separately (so 3 different loads whoa that's a lot) with chemical guys detergent specifically for mf towels... i should be ok right? and dry low heat tumble dry or air dry

If the home washer is concern was gonna go coin laundry but then again that might be worst

Either way, that's load of washes and drying!!!

3 loads with only 2-3 towels for each..

I'm guessing you wash every car wash too. .So since i wash min 1x a week we are looking at lot of washes..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

well i have 3 mf towels that wer used for drying.. i can throw that in with wash mf towels right since it basically just drying after fresh wash.. just wanna consolodiate to limit washing

Post Thanks / Like

how often should i buy microfiber towels?

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    well i have 3 mf towels that wer used for drying.. i can throw that in with wash mf towels right since it basically just drying after fresh wash.. just wanna consolodiate to limit washing
    I’d say the best thing you could do is find what towels you like for specific purposes and then get a bunch of each. I seldom wash less than 25-35 towels at a time. I just let them dry and keep them in their own small hamper.

I try to find towels that I can use for a lot of different purposes that way I don’t have 799 different types around. I use one type at the moment for polish removal, wax removal, waterless and rinseless washing, and for applying spray sealants/waxes. I also use it for drying sometimes.

I have a bunch of towels I’ll use for interiors and door jambs/wheels.

I pretty much wash every towel together except wheel towels. I’m a lot less concerned about cross contaminating then than other people just because, well, I don’t really care. If I felt like it was actually causing an issue I’d be more inclined to separate things more.

The glass towels I use are cotton huck towels so I just wash them with my clothes since I use free and clear detergent when I do regular laundry anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that I was not clear enough in my above posts.

By "cross-contaminating" I meant not to use a towel for wheel duty, and then on to paint.

And, like Finick, I will chunk all of my towels in together (except wheel/wheel well).

13. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast