autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Mother's CMX/ Meg's hybrid ceramic wax VS. bottled sealants

So I bought a new truck, and was planning on using M37 Hi def sealant but I've been seeing a lot of stuff on there bottled spray ceramics. I've been seeing a lot on crazy longevity, water behavior etc etc. They seem way better than sealants, faster etc.

Any suggestions on what to do or what not to do?

Hopefully someone has used to both before and can attest to which is best based on the best/ what you've seen / used.

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX/ Meg's hybrid ceramic wax VS. bottled sealants

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    So I bought a new truck, and was planning on using M37 Hi def sealant but I've been seeing a lot of stuff on there bottled spray ceramics. I've been seeing a lot on crazy longevity, water behavior etc etc. They seem way better than sealants, faster etc.

Any suggestions on what to do or what not to do?

Hopefully someone has used to both before and can attest to which is best based on the best/ what you've seen / used.

Thanks!!
    You’re waiting so long to apply protection to your truck dude. Lol

3. Likes PaulMys, MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You’re waiting so long to apply protection to your truck dude. Lol
    Yeah! Pick something, apply it, THEN do research.

Kidding, of course......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

True but I have nothing but time! I doubt a month of me thinking this over is hurting anything

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    True but I have nothing but time! I doubt a month of me thinking this over is hurting anything
    No sir, and the choosing is part of the fun.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

You can’t go wrong either way, including using both (assuming certain SiO2 sprays as toppers). I really think the sealants give the best protection, and the SiO2s give the best durability and water behavior.

If M37 10 Min Paint Sealant or BF/WG/Pinnacle SiO2 Sprays are what you’re thinking, all of these would play well on top of Hi Def Paint Sealant, IMO. NOTE: Hi Def has a bit of SiO2 in it and seems like a very thin/clean finish. Nick has said SiO2s can top it well.

PBL Sealant is a resin-based Sealant and would also fare very well with SiO2 toppers.

Disclaimer: I can’t say all sealants would play well with SiO2 toppers; and cant say all SiO2 toppers play well on sealants... but by searching threads and reading descriptions you can probably assume certain combos worth trying.

Post Thanks / Like

I would ask what are after to get from your LSP?

Is it most bang for the buck or the looks from it or a high protection or longevity or rate your top to down importance from these or any other thing as ease of use and budget and prep and slickness. Some give you more and also less in it from the product of choice.

As you know the looks mostly comes from the prep work. At least a finishing polish will even on a new car get you A bump up on the gloss. Then you can get a minor bump in the looks from the protection you chose. Then it's also how you maintain it with washing and drying going forward. If you like to top the protection or use products that leaves nothing behind. Say you like what you are getting from the sealant or SiO2 spray. Then you use a car soap or waterless wash or rinseless wash that leaves another layer of glossenhancer or and protection that mask the looks you got when you sealed your paint. This is something I think of and chose products that don't leave anything behind and no drying aid or toppers. Other than I want what a product leaves behind. Some don't last as long but with weekly washing you can change the looks from the protection you used to seal the paint with a car soap that leaves wax and or glossenhancers behind. Even a drying aid changes the apparence on the paint if you don't use something like McKees N-914 rinseless wash in QD dilution as a drying aid.

So now I have gotten you to think even more of which way to go LOL. It can also be fun to change the looks slightly now and then with different products. Otherwise I would go with products that works in synergy to be sure what I get. Some don't care or see the slightly difference between different LSP on their vehicals. And some notice directly when it changes from the use of different products. So much is personal preference too.

Remind me what color is your new truck in?

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Lot of choices today. No doubt. I would give BF SI02 spray sealant a look. I have been using this since the truck was new. No complaints. Easy to use. Fantastic looks. Great protection.

Spring detail done!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Mother's CMX/ Meg's hybrid ceramic wax VS. bottled sealants

This is a week after I applied Mothers CMX. So far I am impressed. I still want to see how long it will last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.