autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is WOW! I couldn’t believe my eyes.

Just over 3 months ago I did a job for a client that insisted that I use a certain type of wax in their vehicle. The wax they insisted I use was a very common OTC Brand in a green bottle and was close to 10 years old. I tried to sell him on products I have that I thought would be superior, but in the end I did what the customer wanted and applied his wax.

I went back yesterday to do just a quick exterior wash, and interior clean up. The vehicle was fairly dirty due to the fact that they live on a gravel road. After I washed and dried the vehicle, I absolutely could not believe what I saw. The wax coat was still there and looked like the day I applied it. The depth and slick, and shine was comparable to some of the higher priced boutique products that I use and love.

Now, I’m not about to run out and stock up in this stuff and start using it, but, it sure makes you think.....

2. Likes ScottH, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All I can say is WOW! I couldn’t believe my eyes.

My pops uses TW cleaner wax on his car and it looks good no complaints here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

New account with 2 posts marketing a TW product not sold here?

Any good sealant wax would do that after 3 months that's what gives you away. No detailer would be surprised by that.

5. Likes astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No harm, no foul IMO and besides, never mentioned the name of the product. This tattle tale thing in social media needs to ALTO! Iits like a tweet someone makes years ago and some tattle tale goes and digs it up to bring them down, enough already

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes rangerbay, MadMerc, BillE, tomsteve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    No harm, no foul IMO and besides, never mentioned the name of the product. This tattle tale thing in social media needs to ALTO! Iits like a tweet someone makes years ago and some tattle tale goes and digs it up to bring them down, enough already

Well I didn't tell on him but I get what you mean. I'm just posting my observation.

It could be a coincidence Idk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

majority of todays products are pure snake oil with fancy youtube videos and social media reviews.

some of theses old school detailing products like M16 and original turtle wax served a purpose and were very durable but people dont like to work (physically) for results. We need machines now and spray versions of products because face it, we have become lazy and are suckers for short cuts.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the OP is simply stating that we as detailers can look down on products because they aren't premier brands when in reality, they do a fine job. Do I believe in the products sold by AG, you betch! Do I look down my nose at the store shelves when someone needs to buy wash supplies, nope. I used those products when I started out and they served me well. I love my detailer products from AG because I can dilute and get more bang for my buck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

11. Likes Klasse Act, DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rst08 View Post
    majority of todays products are pure snake oil with fancy youtube videos and social media reviews.

some of theses old school detailing products like M16 and original turtle wax served a purpose and were very durable but people dont like to work (physically) for results. We need machines now and spray versions of products because face it, we have become lazy and are suckers for short cuts.
    Do you have an example of one of these "snake oil" products you speak of? I'm 49 years old and I remember my late Dad out there in the driveway "rubbing away" with Blue Coral or Turtle Wax but let's keep in mind the paint tech back then or should I say lack of it. In todays world you just don't have to work as hard, that's the plain truth. I mean yes, proper wash techniques are key to keeping swirls away and paint correction is always going to be "a thing" for those of us in the know but this "back in my day you had to work for a great finish" just doesn't apply today.

Oh and btw, using a machine isn't a short cut to anything because you'll never achieve results by hand like you will with something like say a Griot's Garage 6". Your using a power tool and have to "work" at it my man. I mean I guess if given enough time you CAN achieve results by hand and end up having "Popeye arms", but that's going to take a VERY LONG TIME!

In closing I'd like to invite you in to today's world, the waters just fine

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

13. Likes PaulMys, grisby, tomsteve, bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m of the belief that most products work just fine, it’s just that people love to muddle their results by using them over other products and top them with even more, preventing a true result.

Then there’s the latest fad of putting them through unrealistic torture tests... Whatever happened to driving your car for a week or 2 and then washing it like you normally would?

15. Likes rangerbay, bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's ridiculous I work my butt of on my car I'm crushing it this detailing weekend and I know a lot of autogeeks are too. Machines simply do a much better job. Clear coats are much much harder and m16 was banned because of a dangerous chemical.

No need to project all that negativity on to the rest of us.

17. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast