autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All I can say is WOW! I couldn’t believe my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    That's ridiculous I work my butt of on my car I'm crushing it this detailing weekend and I know a lot of autogeeks are too. Machines simply do a much better job. Clear coats are much much harder and m16 was banned because of a dangerous chemical.

No need to project all that negativity on to the rest of us.
    It's not so much negativity as much as it a lack of education

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Do you have an example of one of these "snake oil" products you speak of? I'm 49 years old and I remember my late Dad out there in the driveway "rubbing away" with Blue Coral or Turtle Wax but let's keep in mind the paint tech back then or should I say lack of it. In todays world you just don't have to work as hard, that's the plain truth. I mean yes, proper wash techniques are key to keeping swirls away and paint correction is always going to be "a thing" for those of us in the know but this "back in my day you had to work for a great finish" just doesn't apply today.

Oh and btw, using a machine isn't a short cut to anything because you'll never achieve results by hand like you will with something like say a Griot's Garage 6". Your using a power tool and have to "work" at it my man. I mean I guess if given enough time you CAN achieve results by hand and end up having "Popeye arms", but that's going to take a VERY LONG TIME!

In closing I'd like to invite you in to today's world, the waters just fine

Lol its hard work running a polisher all day. I'm hurting right now. You're actually doing 10 times the work in the same amount of time. Plus all the materials you need in a day. Managing clean pads, tons of clean towels at every step. It's way more work. You're not using 1 pad for the whole day anymore that's for sure

3. Likes astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Machines simply do a much better job. Clear coats are much much harder and m16 was banned because of a dangerous chemical.
    -Machines do a much better job of applying lsp? There’s no argument when it comes to polishing/compounding, but a sealant/wax can be applied just as effectively by hand as by machine. Some of us including myself still prefer applying the lsp by hand.

-Clear coats are much harder? Harder than what? Last time I checked a large majority of people won’t dry their vehicles without a “drying aid” which in reality is completely unnecessary and results in a complete misuse of Quik Detailer Sprays.
    Not to mention the folks that strictly dry their vehicles via high powered air blowers... But you’re saying “clear coats are much harder”?

-M16 was banned because of a dangerous chemical? Lol. You’ve gotta be kidding me... What dangerous chemical? Take your time, no rush, enjoy a diet Coke which contains a dangerous chemical by the name of Aspartame which is known to cause cancer, but I don’t see anyone banning or being scared the way you are of M16 Wax. Lol.

5. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, tomsteve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    -Machines do a much better job of applying lsp? There’s no argument when it comes to polishing/compounding, but a sealant/wax can be applied just as effectively by hand as by machine. Some of us including myself still prefer applying the lsp by hand.

-Clear coats are much harder? Harder than what? Last time I checked a large majority of people won’t dry their vehicles without a “drying aid” which in reality is completely unnecessary and results in a complete misuse of Quik Detailer Sprays.
    Not to mention the folks that strictly dry their vehicles via high powered air blowers... But you’re saying “clear coats are much harder”?

-M16 was banned because of a dangerous chemical? Lol. You’ve gotta be kidding me... What dangerous chemical? Take your time, no rush, enjoy a diet Coke which contains a dangerous chemical by the name of Aspartame which is known to cause cancer, but I don’t see anyone banning or being scared the way you are of M16 Wax. Lol.
    I'm not scared I couldn't care less about m16. Its banned right? That's all that matters. Other issues have no relevance to m16 being banned. I didn't say I personally banned it.

7. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I brought up using a machine vs. The Hand, just to be clear, machine for compounding/polishing and The Hand for applying a LSP or clay barring, yes, I've seen things that hold a clay bar and this allowing you to use your machine for this, one of the most absurd creations ever in the history of the world...or other worlds

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New account with 2 posts marketing a TW product not sold here?

Any good sealant wax would do that after 3 months that's what gives you away. No detailer would be surprised by that.
    Ya, you got me bud, you’re a genius. You figured out my game. I’m a TW executive. You sir are a fool. With obviously nothing better to do than troll posts.
    Give your head a shake bud!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCanuck View Post
    Ya, you got me bud, you’re a genius. You figured out my game. I’m a TW executive. You sir are a fool. With obviously nothing better to do than troll posts.
    Give your head a shake bud!!
    It happens, boards get spammed all the time. You dont know me and I will leave it that.

If you were a spammer you wouldn't admit it anyway

Mike Phillips

All I can say is WOW! I couldn’t believe my eyes.

I was still at Meguiars when the decision was made to not reformulate it so that it would comply with new EPA restrictions and regulations.

It was focusing on minutia - not the real pollution offenders such as entire (other) countries.

I have around 30 cans of pre-ban M16. Back when I detailed full time it was my choice of LSP - pre-Internet days.

M16 is a true “hard” or heavy wax.

See what I wrote here,

M16 versus P21S

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I hijacked the thread Mike. I had that other TW thread on my mind I guess.

M16 was before my time I've only been into detailing and car care for 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ...I remember my late Dad out there in the driveway "rubbing away" with Blue Coral or Turtle Wax...
    Lol, I occasionally dip into my old stash and most recently dipped in to use NuFinish. Was quickly reminded how tough wiping off could be (and it was on a junker car so wasn’t so concerned about me marring the paint during this rigorous wiping), something I hadn’t experienced in years thanks to using more modern, quality products... and no plans on using again.

And yes, I’m aware... NuFinish isn’t one of the worst wipeoff oldies, for me, TW Cleaner I recall being well worse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast