autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gliss V2 and lint...is it salvageable?

So I just finished my 2 layer CQUK3.0 and Gliss V2 coating on my car.

Everything was going good with Gliss making my way around the car until I hit the passenger rear door.

I must have switched towels for a new couple.
    The TRC low pile 365 edgeless for initial wipe and a gold Cobra jr combo for buff was working great up until I grabbed a bunk towel.

To be honest I didn't really notice the feel right away until it started piling on itself.
    By then I had the mid rear quarter panel and the 2 doors fuzzed out.

Somehow that one towel had a bad wash experience, every other towel was okay.

Will this be a problem? ... I am hoping once the dang static leaves with a wash it should just rinse off.
    Or is this going to be stuck? ... I can push it around right now with a towel, so it must be on the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gliss V2 and lint...is it salvageable?

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    So I just finished my 2 layer CQUK3.0 and Gliss V2 coating on my car.

Everything was going good with Gliss making my way around the car until I hit the passenger rear door.

I must have switched towels for a new couple.
    The TRC low pile 365 edgeless for initial wipe and a gold Cobra jr combo for buff was working great up until I grabbed a bunk towel.

To be honest I didn't really notice the feel right away until it started piling on itself.
    By then I had the mid rear quarter panel and the 2 doors fuzzed out.

Somehow that one towel had a bad wash experience, every other towel was okay.

Will this be a problem? ... I am hoping once the dang static leaves with a wash it should just rinse off.
    Or is this going to be stuck? ... I can push it around right now with a towel, so it must be on the surface.
    I don't think it can get stuck. I don't think these coatings are an actual layer like saran wrap. Things cant get trapped underneath as far as I know. It should come off with a wash.

On another note that stinks to get all that work done then have 1 little mistake ruin it. It's happened to me a few times. It's brutal but I just consider it a learning experience.

3. Thanks spazzz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you’ll be fine. I also found Gliss v2 to crate a ton of static and everything wanted to stick to it. But then it all goes back to normal after all that wiping. When you wash the lint should go away.
    Bruno Soares

5. Thanks spazzz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As noted, the lint will come off. My advice is to switch to the CarPro Suede-like MF Rags. Those are my exclusive Coating wipe off rags. I swap them out every 1-2 panels and they work awesome and clean up just fine. As with anything they will get stained or dirty over time thus I simply rotate those to my Wheel Drawer / use.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

7. Thanks spazzz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

I think I posted before any rational thoughts had set in. I guess finishing up at 11:00 pm does that.

I use MF suedes for leveling a coating followed by a 365 low pile terry.
    I went with the low pile terry towel as starter followed by the gold jr for the Gliss.....honestly I don't know why. I thought I would need more bite would be my guess.

And about those blue 365 low pile terry all purpose TRC towels, those things have turned all my towels a different color. They bleed like someone poured RIT dye in the washer.
    I should have had a bucket with some APC mix standing by to drop the suedes in...now I have utility suedes. Time for a new pack.

But anyway today in the sun I was pleased. No high spots on my platinum gray mettallic.
    The lint didn't show like it did in my burnt out pupils the night before.
    I was in the garage in my jammies at 1:am, walking around the car with my knock off scangrip in the dark looking for boo-boos.
    Ya all have made me a nut case or at least a more tuned in basket case

Gliss is definitely a keeper. I am glad I followed you guys lead.
    Amazing how much more dynamic my BMW looks compared to the Gloss Coat that was on previously.
    Way more depth, shine and reflection from the CarPro 3.0/V2 duo

9. Likes The Guz, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I think you’ll be fine. I also found Gliss v2 to crate a ton of static and everything wanted to stick to it. But then it all goes back to normal after all that wiping. When you wash the lint should go away.

Thinking about putting Gliss 2 over CQuartz. I have Reload as a topper, will I have to remove the reload before applying Gliss? IYO is it worth the time and money?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    Thanks guys.

I think I posted before any rational thoughts had set in. I guess finishing up at 11:00 pm does that.

I use MF suedes for leveling a coating followed by a 365 low pile terry.
    I went with the low pile terry towel as starter followed by the gold jr for the Gliss.....honestly I don't know why. I thought I would need more bite would be my guess.

And about those blue 365 low pile terry all purpose TRC towels, those things have turned all my towels a different color. They bleed like someone poured RIT dye in the washer.
    I should have had a bucket with some APC mix standing by to drop the suedes in...now I have utility suedes. Time for a new pack.

But anyway today in the sun I was pleased. No high spots on my platinum gray mettallic.
    The lint didn't show like it did in my burnt out pupils the night before.
    I was in the garage in my jammies at 1:am, walking around the car with my knock off scangrip in the dark looking for boo-boos.
    Ya all have made me a nut case or at least a more tuned in basket case

Gliss is definitely a keeper. I am glad I followed you guys lead.
    Amazing how much more dynamic my BMW looks compared to the Gloss Coat that was on previously.
    Way more depth, shine and reflection from the CarPro 3.0/V2 duo
    Where are the photos?

You will enjoy this coating combo. Much better than Gloss Coat in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Thinking about putting Gliss 2 over CQuartz. I have Reload as a topper, will I have to remove the reload before applying Gliss? IYO is it worth the time and money?

Post Thanks / Like

Here ya go,Mike.
    Somewhat uneventful but those towels being folded are impressive.

13. Likes The Guz, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I think Gliss over UK is almost a must because it changes the grabby feeling to slick feeling. But since you already applied Reload read the FAQ posted by the Guz. Maybe if it’s been a while Reload already wore off.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I think Gliss over UK is almost a must because it changes the grabby feeling to slick feeling. But since you already applied Reload read the FAQ posted by the Guz. Maybe if it’s been a while Reload already wore off.
    Don't want to chance it and the prep work is too much for me. I'll stick with Reload for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast