autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best wax remover for plastic trim?

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    I have seen the Mothers Back to Black Bumper Care available locally but not the Back to Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner....not the same product. You want the Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner.
    I have it at my AA and Pepboys stores in my area.

2. Likes MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A toothbrush with a degreaser should remove the wax in no time. Then just wipe with a microfiber towel.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

so I'll have to retract my statement about McKee's37 wax remover. In the past I tried removing dried white wax stains on my pickup mud guards. nothing I tried worked from erasers to the mckee's wax remover. now I just noticed a white stain on the plastic grill trim of my mustang. it's slightly textured(not as much as the mud guards) so I was thinking what should I try on this. I tried pencil erasers, apc's, and what ever else I had laying around. then I saw a post about trying Back to Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner(which I have). but just before I tried that I gave McKee's wax remover one more shot. and it worked great. I used a toothbrush and scrubbed about 30 seconds and it was gone.
    So my next move will be to try the B to B trim cleaner on my mud guards. my thanks to the members who post their results and recommendations on this site. you guy's do awesome work. one last note is I do tape off everything. but once in a while when you try and rush stuff like this happens. some people think detailing work is expensive. those people never had to tape off a car or truck to do the job right.
    thanks, Carlo

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hmardown View Post
    so I'll have to retract my statement about McKee's37 wax remover. In the past I tried removing dried white wax stains on my pickup mud guards. nothing I tried worked from erasers to the mckee's wax remover. now I just noticed a white stain on the plastic grill trim of my mustang. it's slightly textured(not as much as the mud guards) so I was thinking what should I try on this. I tried pencil erasers, apc's, and what ever else I had laying around. then I saw a post about trying Back to Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner(which I have). but just before I tried that I gave McKee's wax remover one more shot. and it worked great. I used a toothbrush and scrubbed about 30 seconds and it was gone.
    So my next move will be to try the B to B trim cleaner on my mud guards. my thanks to the members who post their results and recommendations on this site. you guy's do awesome work. one last note is I do tape off everything. but once in a while when you try and rush stuff like this happens. some people think detailing work is expensive. those people never had to tape off a car or truck to do the job right.
    thanks, Carlo
    There you go. It's not the product, it's the tool. The toothbrush bristles are perfect to get into the texture of plastic, so as long as you have some kind of degreaser, it will remove that residue easilly. Next time, if there is one, try with the products that did not work while using the toothbrush, I bet you it will work great.

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Just be careful not to over do it for it is abrasive and it will remove any texture on the trim. It easily removes wax residue with little effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Replying to an old thread just so people get another recommendation: McKee's Wax Remover or Duragloss Wax Eraser.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Without question Mothers Back to Black has consistently worked the best for me.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

12. Likes Rsurfer, WRAPT C5Z06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes1 View Post
    Without question Mothers Back to Black has consistently worked the best for me.

Post Thanks / Like

The best solution is to use products that don't leave white residue on trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    The best solution is to use products that don't leave white residue on trim.
    Or use tape.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast