autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax OR Fast Finish?

Wife and I got a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica in Granite Crystal Metallic yesterday and I'm getting ready to put some protection on the new paint. I have a bottle of ULW from last year that I planned to use, but then I started thinking about how much work it was to apply it (background: I couldn't get a pad on my DA to work correctly with ULW so I gave up and just did it by hand) I was pretty happy with ULW protection and performance on my white Charger but just took longer to apply. With that, I starting thinking of maybe trying a WOWA product instead - partially because I'm lazy and partially because I have very limited time to spend playing with cars anymore. This turned me on to looking at the Meg's Fast Finish which has gotten great reviews and is applied in 10-15 minutes. I know there are many other sealants out there that are recommended highly as well such as Mckee's 37, UPGP, Optiseal similar, CanCoat, etc. but the Meg's is cheap and readily available nearby.

Have a few questions: Am I better off just using the ULW I have? Can anyone give me feedback on what the major differences would be between ULW vs. FF? Has anyone experienced both and care to share some insight to help point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your help!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax OR Fast Finish?

How do you define "better?" ULW is very easy to apply if kept thin (easier said than done). ULW will have better gloss, but likely not last as long. UFF will apply easier and last longer, with not quite as good gloss.

Which is more important to you?

3. Thanks TShepp thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, UFF. No build up of product in the body seams, much less time to apply, can use on the trim and it actually doesn’t attract much dust.

5. Likes SANTA3013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used both. ULW is a fine product. It won't stain trim and can be used as a wipe on wipe off. It does not need to dry like some sealants. UFF is fast to apply but doesn't have the depth that ULW offers. Both will last about the same amount of time. One option is to put a base layer of ULW and top it with UFF. According to the folks at Meguiar's it will not hinder the durability of UFF.

7. Thanks TShepp thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gizzsdad View Post
    How do you define "better?" ULW is very easy to apply if kept thin (easier said than done). ULW will have better gloss, but likely not last as long. UFF will apply easier and last longer, with not quite as good gloss.

Which is more important to you?
    Point taken. I guess I was looking for "what would you do?" out of the group. I like the idea of having more gloss and shine on this paint color as it has a lot of metallic flake to it, but I am also fighting the temptation of something that would be a fraction of the time with as good of hydrophobic property to keep the ease of maintenance cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have used both. ULW is a fine product. It won't stain trim and can be used as a wipe on wipe off. It does not need to dry like some sealants. UFF is fast to apply but doesn't have the depth that ULW offers. Both will last about the same amount of time. One option is to put a base layer of ULW and top it with UFF. According to the folks at Meguiar's it will not hinder the durability of UFF.
    I actually found your thread after I posted this and found your experience (Yes, use the Search button first). I guess I could dual layer it for added protection. I hadn't thought of that as I was really considering one or the other. I was leaning to UFF because of all the recent feedback and due to it being much faster to apply but I guess since I have the ULW already and it will give added gloss maybe I will put some on. If I did dual layer them can I wait a few washes before putting UFF on top of ULW or is it best to do it all at once?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TShepp View Post
    I actually found your thread after I posted this and found your experience (Yes, use the Search button first). I guess I could dual layer it for added protection. I hadn't thought of that as I was really considering one or the other. I was leaning to UFF because of all the recent feedback and due to it being much faster to apply but I guess since I have the ULW already and it will give added gloss maybe I will put some on. If I did dual layer them can I wait a few washes before putting UFF on top of ULW or is it best to do it all at once?
    You can apply it the day after or after a few washes. Should be no problem.

11. Likes AZpolisher15 liked this post